UNITED STATES STIMULUS CHECKS

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

HK, Don and all interested in a US voter concerns maybe start a new topic in Chatterbox. I would like to participate too.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Which was the whole point of the campaign to cast doubt on the result, was it not?  Throw a lot of mud and some will stick.

I guess that depends on your point of view, your political views, and which news sources you want to believe.   If you want to believe everything CNN says, or not find out what they ignore, so be it.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

I guess that depends on your point of view, your political views, and which news sources you want to believe.   If you want to believe everything CNN says, or not find out what they ignore, so be it.

I'm absolutely independent on this - just interested that so many people do believe fraud existed on a large enough scale to distort the result.  

I'm out.

Joey G
Posted
Posted

The $600 stimulus checks are coming... he signed it.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Joey G said:

The $600 stimulus checks are coming... he signed it.

And the house says they will approve another $2000 tomorrow.  I doubt that the senate will approve it.  It would be a windfall for me and that is why it probably won't be approved.  There are lots of people who are not impacted much financially by the Covid issues, like me.  Then there are lots who are severely impacted, jobless, cut hours, small business owners, especially restos.  It would be nice if they could give the money to those who are really impacted, but it is a tough job to determine that, so they have to go with very high level criteria.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 12/24/2020 at 6:12 PM, scott h said:

Gonna have to take the other side of this one Tommy...IMHO we have term limits, Elections. If the populace is stupid enough to continue voting for them, whelp, we get the government we deserve I suppose. 

Nobody I ever vote for wins. So you are saying regardless of my vote I deserve to bend over and take it up the *ss because a majority of everyone else who votes is stupid? Sounds like the movie Idocracy.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Nobody I ever vote for wins. So you are saying regardless of my vote I deserve to bend over and take it up the *ss because a majority of everyone else who votes is stupid? Sounds like the movie Idocracy.

I think you got it.  :hystery:  I had not remembered that movie so I looked it up.  I think I would enjoy it and I like Luke Wilson, so it may be on my list tomorrow.

I think the main targets of both Tommy and Scott's comments are those worthless politicians who are elected year after year after year.  How many have been in office for 30-50 years?  It is scary that people keep voting for them.  Even if I thought they were doing a good job, there would be a time when I would boot them.  And strangely, those who have been in those jobs for so many years are mostly very wealthy.  How did that happen?

The better system is plain old vote buying, like here in PH.  P1000 does the job. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm absolutely independent on this - just interested that so many people do believe fraud existed on a large enough scale to distort the result.  

I'm out.

In the US the election is really done precinct by precinct, county by county. There is no one single way to vote in the US, each state, county and even precinct may use different methods. Each has their own level of risk for fraud.  Some fraud happens due to corrupt election/government officials at the polling place and some happens by organized efforts to "harvest" more votes. If you follow the news you likely already understand that only a few number of swing states determined the outcome of the election. Within those states only a few counties could swing the election one way or the other. So you don't need massive fraud. You need just enough fraud in a few select places. In this election those places were Democrat controlled big cities/counties in swing states. City's like Philiadelphia, PA, Atlanta, GA, etc.

Here is a joke I made to my brother about the vote, "What did one election poll worker whisper to the other? I see dead people."

I am not an expert but I was appointed to a special committee formed by my State's Secretary of State to research and make recommendations regarding moving towards electronic voting.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, earthdome said:

Nobody I ever vote for wins

Being from california, I know exactly how you feel :hystery:

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, earthdome said:

In the US the election is really done precinct by precinct, county by county. There is no one single way to vote in the US, each state, county and even precinct may use different methods. Each has their own level of risk for fraud.  Some fraud happens due to corrupt election/government officials at the polling place and some happens by organized efforts to "harvest" more votes. If you follow the news you likely already understand that only a few number of swing states determined the outcome of the election. Within those states only a few counties could swing the election one way or the other. So you don't need massive fraud. You need just enough fraud in a few select places. In this election those places were Democrat controlled big cities/counties in swing states. City's like Philiadelphia, PA, Atlanta, GA, etc.

PERFECTLY Explained Earthdome!

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic