Policeman murders mother and son execution style and walks away as if nothing happened.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This is on our local news radio and on some of the US Filipino Facebook groups my wife is addicted to. The high ranking Policeman has or had five charges including two for murder that were dismissed due to lack of evidence. There is a video of the murders on Facebook and YouTube

Philippines police officer charged over mother and son murder.

Jonel Nuezca turned himself in on Sunday after he was accused of shooting his neighbour Sonya Gregario, 52, and her 25-year-old son Frank.

A video, shared on social media, shows him firing another bullet at Ms Gregario as she lies on the ground.

The killings have prompted an outcry and renewed calls for police reform.

Mr Nuezca, who was accompanied by his young daughter at the time, has not publicly commented on the incident. But local police chief Noriel Rombaoa told local broadcaster DZMM that he admitted to the killings.

The shooting took place in the city of Tarlac as Mr Nuezca, who was off duty, tried to arrest Mr Gregario.

Initial media reports said a scuffle began after Mr Gregario set off an air cannon, made out of PVC pipe, which created a loud noise. A heated argument then ensued about the cannon and an ongoing land dispute between the two families.

As Ms Gregario wrapped her arms around her son to stop him being taken away, the video appears to show Mr Nuezca shooting her in the head, before doing the same to Frank.

Alyssa Calosing, who said she recorded the video, told DZMM that other witnesses said they saw Mr Nuezca beat Mr Gregario before she began filming.

She claimed that after shooting the pair at point blank range, Mr Nuezca took his daughter and "walked off like it was nothing."

"I felt numb, like my soul left my body," said Ms Calosing. "Then when I felt something move, I began jumping in anger and crying."

Debold Sinas, chief of the Philippine National Police, told local media that Mr Nuezca had already faced five administrative charges, including two for murder, though both were dismissed due to a lack of evidence. Mr Nuezca was still allowed to carry a gun while off-duty.

Since the video emerged online, various hashtags have been trending on social media calling for justice.

Eduardo Año, the Philippines' interior minister, condemned the killings and stressed that the incident was isolated.

Earlier this year, a UN report found that more than 8,000 people had been killed by police since President Rodrigo Duterte took office in 2016. 

The international body, along with human rights groups, has accused him of granting impunity to police during his war on illegal drugs.

Duterte's administration has denied accusations of wrongdoing, and the president remains popular in the country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-55376421

• Sad 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Old55 said:

This is on our local news radio and on some of the US Filipino Facebook groups my wife is addicted to. The high ranking Policeman has or had five charges including two for murder that were dismissed due to lack of evidence. There is a video of the murders on Facebook and YouTube

Philippines police officer charged over mother and son murder.

Jonel Nuezca turned himself in on Sunday after he was accused of shooting his neighbour Sonya Gregario, 52, and her 25-year-old son Frank.

A video, shared on social media, shows him firing another bullet at Ms Gregario as she lies on the ground.

The killings have prompted an outcry and renewed calls for police reform.

Mr Nuezca, who was accompanied by his young daughter at the time, has not publicly commented on the incident. But local police chief Noriel Rombaoa told local broadcaster DZMM that he admitted to the killings.

The shooting took place in the city of Tarlac as Mr Nuezca, who was off duty, tried to arrest Mr Gregario.

Initial media reports said a scuffle began after Mr Gregario set off an air cannon, made out of PVC pipe, which created a loud noise. A heated argument then ensued about the cannon and an ongoing land dispute between the two families.

As Ms Gregario wrapped her arms around her son to stop him being taken away, the video appears to show Mr Nuezca shooting her in the head, before doing the same to Frank.

Alyssa Calosing, who said she recorded the video, told DZMM that other witnesses said they saw Mr Nuezca beat Mr Gregario before she began filming.

She claimed that after shooting the pair at point blank range, Mr Nuezca took his daughter and "walked off like it was nothing."

"I felt numb, like my soul left my body," said Ms Calosing. "Then when I felt something move, I began jumping in anger and crying."

Debold Sinas, chief of the Philippine National Police, told local media that Mr Nuezca had already faced five administrative charges, including two for murder, though both were dismissed due to a lack of evidence. Mr Nuezca was still allowed to carry a gun while off-duty.

Since the video emerged online, various hashtags have been trending on social media calling for justice.

Eduardo Año, the Philippines' interior minister, condemned the killings and stressed that the incident was isolated.

Earlier this year, a UN report found that more than 8,000 people had been killed by police since President Rodrigo Duterte took office in 2016. 

The international body, along with human rights groups, has accused him of granting impunity to police during his war on illegal drugs.

Duterte's administration has denied accusations of wrongdoing, and the president remains popular in the country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-55376421

Killer cop, needs to be executed.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jim, I agree he must face justice. Do you think he will, or will this just drag out for years and go quiet?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Jim, I agree he must face justice. Do you think he will, or will this just drag out for years and go quiet?

Same as a lot of things here, gets swept under the carpet and eventually the case gets thrown out. Sadly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

He's also been subject to previous "charges" - 2 in the past year.

This is a sobering reminder that things aren't as we may imagine here. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

He's also been subject to previous "charges" - 2 in the past year.

This is a sobering reminder that things aren't as we may imagine here. 

Exactly HK.

Even today in Philippines some political leaders and police have life or death powers. Thankfully this is not common any more but occurs more often than we would like.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Thankfully this is not common any more

In the past, if there was no video then it didn't happen.  Thankfully, there are more people taking videos now.  There is also a culture of:  Better to kill someone than leave them alive to file a case against you.  Some bus drivers, police, and political personages know this well.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I can also put money on it there are a few vagrants that have gone missing over the years.  Where I previously lived there was a youngish American with drug issues who used to be a right pain.  Forever harassing people for money and going into establishments, ordering food then saying he had lost his wallet.  He was quite tall and when the owners started demanding payment he'd get loud and agressive, sometimes tipping tables over.  I had about three run ins with him, the last one I got on video as he ran at me from a tricycle with the partner trying to hold him back, the video ends with him on his butt in the middle of the road :thumbsup:.

I showed the video to a friend who asked for a copy as some people in town had enough of the guy, he said the guy needs a trip into the jungle.  I saw him once more shortly afterwards and he's never been seen since, his partner still hangs around town off her face on drugs but I'm sure she makes enough to cover her expences doing turns for the tricycle drivers.

Going back to the video when I reads the report that he had his young daughter with him my first instincts was that she'll be traumatised until I heard the daughter shouting at the mother and son about how her father is a policeman.

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Going back to the video when I reads the report that he had his young daughter with him my first instincts was that she'll be traumatised until I heard the daughter shouting at the mother and son about how her father is a policeman.

I read something earlier about how she is going to get counselling or therapy or whatever.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Here's the fine upstanding PNP Officer's 'previous' : :Mad:

131951799_1632661086918374_8714049415566499305_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1