Covid hits Boracay.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In Canada, those in power have promised a priority system which gives first priority to those over age 80.  So I am looking for the list.  What list? 

Australia have said that they will vaccinate higher risk medical worker and people over 80 also but how they're planning is to do that by vaccinating residents in aged care facilities and using the facility records to check ages.  The only list needed would be a list of assisted care facilities.

So I guess that means is if you're 80+ and still living independently or with family you won't get vaccinated in the first priority group.  

Maybe Canada are intending to vaccinate aged care facilities in a similar way? 

Countries do seem to be copying each others play books with the vaccines...

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Australia have said that they will vaccinate higher risk medical worker and people over 80 also but how they're planning is to do that by vaccinating residents in aged care facilities and using the facility records to check ages.  The only list needed would be a list of assisted care facilities.

So I guess that means is if you're 80+ and still living independently or with family you won't get vaccinated in the first priority group.  

Maybe Canada are intending to vaccinate aged care facilities in a similar way? 

Countries do seem to be copying each others play books with the vaccines...

Geoff, I could see those living in assisted care being more at risk so that's a good thing. Well done Australia.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Geoff, I could see those living in assisted care being more at risk so that's a good thing. Well done Australia.

That is a possiblity.  Or it could be that an 85 year old in assisted care is quite visible while those living independantly are out of sight and thus out of mind.  It seems to me that both Australia and Canada should make a better effort to list those over 80 who want to take the vaccine.  But thats just me.  I'd be a damn sight more vocal about it if me Mum got it and died.  Hoping for the best.  Take care all.

• Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Speaking to a guy I know that has been staying in a Hennan resort on main beach they are trying to cover the Covid case up.  He's obviously concerned and has been asking some of the workers that he has got to know.  Not one has received a test.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Explorer said:

There are 5.3m people in the Philippines who are over age of 65 (4.8% of the population), they should vaccinate these people and let all the other young and healthy filipinos go on with their life.  (for comparison in USA, the over 65 are 16.8% of the population).

Great Idea. Except this virus doesn't only affect the over 65s.  ALL people should be vaccinated but a priority has to be established - over 65s would be part of that but certainly not the only priority.

I'd also like to add that age 65 in the Philippines doesn't necessarily equate to age 65 in developed countries.  They are a smaller %age of the population for a reason - they are less healthy.  And we know Covid attacks the less healthy more easily.  

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 12/23/2020 at 6:18 PM, GeoffH said:

I'd use it to buy 10m pesos worth of Covid vaccines but it's not my decision :)

Maybe the mayor had other ideas for the P10 Million.

• Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, RBM said:

Maybe the mayor had other ideas for the P10 Million.

Probably covering some of his legal fees from his Graft charges.

Explorer
Posted
Posted
On 12/23/2020 at 8:59 PM, Snowy79 said:

Speaking to a guy I know that has been staying in a Hennan resort on main beach they are trying to cover the Covid case up. 

And can you blame them? Last thing they want is a knucklehead from IATF close their entire place for one week for "sanitation"...

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Explorer said:

And can you blame them? Last thing they want is a knucklehead from IATF close their entire place for one week for "sanitation"...

I'd be more prone to close them down for trying to hide it. Set an example that if the proper channels aren't followed it will cost them dearly.  It may cost the resort some money but there's no price on a life in my books. Unless it's my ex wife and 5 peso will do. :whistling: The resort charges about 15k peso per night and were aware that they must report all cases immediately and isolate the staff.  

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Explorer said:

It's understandable the clean up cost and a closure would be costly but covering up the exposure is inexcusable and criminal. Hopefully there will be serious repercussions. If not others may be emboldened to do the same and that could cost lives if not already.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic