Clark AFB September 1965 color film

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Fun film made by an Air Force officers family September 1965. Clark base, Subic port and other locations. If you look closely you can see Don's house?

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Nice!  I think that is the best quality video I have seen from that time, but no sound.  I tried to identify some landmarks, but not sure.  The beach towards the end might be where Camayan is now.  The dark skinned curly headed munchkins are the Aeta Indian kids.

I was trying to guess where what World Airways flight came from.  If from the U.S., probably via Honolulu then Guam, possibly with a few other island stops. 

graham59
Posted
Posted

Fascinating footage. Thanks for posting. 

10 years before that, my mother, brother, sister, and I were landing in Singapore, to be met by my Royal Navy Chief Petty Officer dad...so I can relate. :smile:  

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

If you to YouTube site of that video, she has several more similar videos.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Nice!  I think that is the best quality video I have seen from that time, but no sound.  I tried to identify some landmarks, but not sure.  The beach towards the end might be where Camayan is now.  The dark skinned curly headed munchkins are the Aeta Indian kids.

I was trying to guess where what World Airways flight came from.  If from the U.S., probably via Honolulu then Guam, possibly with a few other island stops. 

When I shipped to SE Asia in 73 the Army MAC flights were Air America and flew from Travis, Fairbanks, Tokyo,Okinawa, Taipei and Da Nang. Could have been one more stop I can't remember the flight took forever.

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

When I shipped to SE Asia in 73 the Army MAC flights were Air America and flew from Travis, Fairbanks, Tokyo,Okinawa, Taipei and Da Nang. Could have been one more stop I can't remember the flight took forever.

I flew "Flying Tigers" MAC flight in 82 and 83, Los Angeles, Travis, Anchorage, Okinawa, Clark. I remember after World Airways took over the contract MAC flights there were some direct flights into Cubi Pt. from Honolulu.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Heeb, you are correct, it's Flying Tigers not Air America I flew on.

• Like 1