Clark AFB September 1965 color film

• Forum Support

Fun film made by an Air Force officers family September 1965. Clark base, Subic port and other locations. If you look closely you can see Don's house?

• Like 4

Nice!  I think that is the best quality video I have seen from that time, but no sound.  I tried to identify some landmarks, but not sure.  The beach towards the end might be where Camayan is now.  The dark skinned curly headed munchkins are the Aeta Indian kids.

I was trying to guess where what World Airways flight came from.  If from the U.S., probably via Honolulu then Guam, possibly with a few other island stops. 

Fascinating footage. Thanks for posting. 

10 years before that, my mother, brother, sister, and I were landing in Singapore, to be met by my Royal Navy Chief Petty Officer dad...so I can relate. :smile:  

• Like 1
  • Forum Support
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Nice!  I think that is the best quality video I have seen from that time, but no sound.  I tried to identify some landmarks, but not sure.  The beach towards the end might be where Camayan is now.  The dark skinned curly headed munchkins are the Aeta Indian kids.

I was trying to guess where what World Airways flight came from.  If from the U.S., probably via Honolulu then Guam, possibly with a few other island stops. 

When I shipped to SE Asia in 73 the Army MAC flights were Air America and flew from Travis, Fairbanks, Tokyo,Okinawa, Taipei and Da Nang. Could have been one more stop I can't remember the flight took forever.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

When I shipped to SE Asia in 73 the Army MAC flights were Air America and flew from Travis, Fairbanks, Tokyo,Okinawa, Taipei and Da Nang. Could have been one more stop I can't remember the flight took forever.

I flew "Flying Tigers" MAC flight in 82 and 83, Los Angeles, Travis, Anchorage, Okinawa, Clark. I remember after World Airways took over the contract MAC flights there were some direct flights into Cubi Pt. from Honolulu.

• Like 2
  • Forum Support

Heeb, you are correct, it's Flying Tigers not Air America I flew on.

• Like 1