1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Love the gate and the stone path--sweet!  You're lucky to have all that grass. :smile:

Thanks.

Oh, and I have cared for and cosseted that grass, believe me.  :biggrin:  

Hopefully my lawnmower in England will soon be headed this way in a Balikbayan box too. :)

(They are ridiculously expensive here). 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wife's work not mine.   

We do have lots of flowers too.  I took these pics this morning, when the sun wasn't too bright:      

Good news! We have new starts now for neem trees, cacao plants and dwarf coconut. Tomorrow we will have several small truck loads of "earth fill" delivered along with some potting soil and a numb

Posted Images

• Forum Support
19 hours ago, graham59 said:

We have pretty distinct wet and (current)) dry seasons up here in Pangasinan.

Oh, and here's a lovely new flower that appeared yesterday. The Mrs had been waiting for this one. It's about 4 inches across.  (Don't ask me what it is ! lol).

New flower.jpg

That might be daturas.  If it is you need to be careful as it is poisonous, especially seeds and flowers. :sad:

From wkipedia

Datura is a genus of nine species of poisonous vespertine flowering plants belonging to the family Solanaceae. They are commonly known as thornapples or jimsonweeds but are also known as devil's trumpets. Other English common names include moonflower, devil's weed and hell's bells.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks !

Yes, I believe that is the one.  :thumbsup:

Will heed your warning too...and mention it to the Mrs.  Cheers. 

• Like 3

Can't beat some home-grown bananas, gently ripening on the kitchen table: :smile:

Oh, and our nephew kindly dug up some of our Cassava:

141323267_685761968731707_4831806913112907739_n.jpg

139964346_10225181189937285_6876783961357618622_o.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

Can't beat some home-grown bananas, gently ripening on the kitchen table: :smile:

139964346_10225181189937285_6876783961357618622_o.jpg

Be very careful with casava as it is highly poisonous if not prepared correctly.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/food-poisoning-kills-27-in-philippines-sickens-100-children-who-ate-cassava/

• Like 2
13 hours ago, graham59 said:

It seems that you have a large property, Graham - so many vegetables and your photos show lots of open space.:smile:

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 10:17 AM, Snowy79 said:

If I had a garden anti mosquito plants would be my priority.  Things like citronella grass. rosemary, mint, basil etc.

Snowy it amazing what can be done on a small terrace. Unfortunately I cannot take credit how ever my green fingered partners grows so much on our tiny terrace with a very high stand. She supplies all our mint, Celery, Dill, tarragon, basil, peppers, parsley chives alabarte and goodness knows what else. Admittedly my space has shrunk considerably how ever to avail of fresh herbs I suffer in silence.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
On 1/15/2021 at 10:28 PM, graham59 said:

Looking out of my 'man-cave' window...  now that I've cut the grass:  :smile:

138284623_10225128268294277_3457252985723952697_o.jpg

Wow now thats impressive.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, RBM said:

Snowy it amazing what can be done on a small terrace. Unfortunately I cannot take credit how ever my green fingered partners grows so much on our tiny terrace with a very high stand. She supplies all our mint, Celery, Dill, tarragon, basil, peppers, parsley chives alabarte and goodness knows what else. Admittedly my space has shrunk considerably how ever to avail of fresh herbs I suffer in silence.

RBM... we have a fair bit of space here, as you have seen from our home build photos... 

Last week I planted a green lime tree start and on Thursday I started trying to sprout seeds from some nice yellow lemons we had recently.

L intends to grow a similar variety of herbs here too. I will pass on tarragon (never liked it) but add cilantro to the mix. We already have mint and super hot, small chili peppers, lemon grass, wild tomatoes and some type of wild squash (waiting to see what that will be) and, of course, the previously mentioned garlic chives... What is alabarte? Never heard of that...

It's really great to read about other's veggie and herb gardens here. Nothing tastes better or fresher than home-grown!:cheersty:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Be very careful with casava as it is highly poisonous if not prepared correctly.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/food-poisoning-kills-27-in-philippines-sickens-100-children-who-ate-cassava/

No worries....the nephew and his family will be eating it anyway... not us. I'm sure he'll know how to prepare it for safe human consumption. :thumbsup:

• Like 2