OK,,,who is going first!!! Annual check in

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

BI accepts alien registration applications | Philstar.com

MANILA, Philippines — The Bureau of Immigration started on Friday accepting applications for this year’s alien registration, requiring foreigners to physically report to BI offices nationwide.

In a statement, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said this year’s 60-day registration will conclude on March 1, giving foreigners ample time to have themselves registered.

Morente said that under the Alien Registration Act of 1950, all those with immigrant and non-immigrant visas are required to report in person to the BI.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Morente urged foreigners to set an online appointment on the BI’s official website.

The BI will not allow foreigners to walk in without an appointment since there are only 800 slots for alien registration per day, he said.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think I'm correct in saying this is not a requirement for those on tourist visas. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think I'm correct in saying this is not a requirement for those on tourist visas. 

Yes, only permanent resident visas.  Typically for our group, 13A.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I used to rush to get it over with ASAP but I'll leave it a couple of weeks this year as it's always so busy the first few days. We have a wide window to do it so no hurry.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Morente urged foreigners to set an online appointment on the BI’s official website.

The BI will not allow foreigners to walk in without an appointment since there are only 800 slots for alien registration per day, he said.

I think I read that appointments are only for Intramuros.  Can somebody verify?  BI webpage doesn't work.  Scrolled down the FB page a bit and didn't see anything.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I think I read that appointments are only for Intramuros.  Can somebody verify?  BI webpage doesn't work.  Scrolled down the FB page a bit and didn't see anything.

Dumaguete are not doing Appointments but they will ( apparently) only doing 30 per day, waiting now for early reports from Those that have will tried to do the Report  Tomorrow, Monday the 4th :wink:

Shady
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Pretty sure it's all foreigners, period:

all those with immigrant and non-immigrant visas

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Shady said:

Taken from the Government website: As it is the start of the year, all foreign nationals are reminded of complying with the Bureau of Immigration’s Annual Report Requirement for 2020 (http://immigration.gov.ph/41-annual-report-a-r). Foreign nationals holding Temporary Visitor’s Visas or Tourist Visas are excluded from this requirement.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Shady said:

Technically, correct, but those on tourist visas get the 300 fee charged when they do an extension.  They don't have to make a special "check-in" trip and pay the 300.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Taken from the Government website: As it is the start of the year, all foreign nationals are reminded of complying with the Bureau of Immigration’s Annual Report Requirement for 2020 (http://immigration.gov.ph/41-annual-report-a-r). Foreign nationals holding Temporary Visitor’s Visas or Tourist Visas are excluded from this requirement.

Yes, but you will still pay the fee.  Tourists who want to extend actually check in several times a year, depending on the length of the extensions.

• Like 2