OK,,,who is going first!!! Annual check in

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I always wait until later.  Our Olongapo BI is not a crowded BI, but the first few days of the year there are always the non-procrastinators crowding in.  I will go in late Jan / early Feb and it will take 5 minutes.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

only doing 30 per day

So 30 a day . . about 8 weeks to register . . 5 working days per week . . thats 1200 foreigners.  Is it safe to assume there are fewer than 1200 married or permanent resident foreigners within the jurisdiction of Dumaguete BI?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

So 30 a day . . about 8 weeks to register . . 5 working days per week . . thats 1200 foreigners.  Is it safe to assume there are fewer than 1200 married or permanent resident foreigners within the jurisdiction of Dumaguete BI?

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg Not sure they know but I will update tomorrow when we have been to BI :wink:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think I read that appointments are only for Intramuros

I looked on the website and that IS the way I read it. Only for Intramuros

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

04 January 2021
PRESS RELEASE
Annual report of aliens underway - BI
The annual report (AR) of foreign nationals registered with the Bureau of Immigration (BI) has started.
In a statement, Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said foreigners who were issued immigrant and non-immigrant visas by the Bureau and are holders of alien certificate of registration identity card (ACR I-Card) may now report in person to the BI main office in Intramuros, Manila or any of the agency's field, satellite and extension offices nationwide.
"The law requires all foreign nationals to report annually within the first 60 days of a calendar year," Morente said.  "They have only until March 1 to comply."
The BI chief said the annual report of aliens is provided under the Alien Registration Act of 1950 and those who do not comply may be meted sanctions, including fines, visa cancellation, deportation, and imprisonment.
Morente urged foreigners who have not yet registered with the BI’s online appointment system to immediately obtain their slots via http://e-services.immigration.gov.ph so they would know the date and time they will make their annual report.
“We reiterate that to achieve social distancing we will not allow the entry of walk-in foreigners who want to make their annual report.  They have to obtain their schedule via our online appointment system,” the BI chief stressed.  
He disclosed that 800 slots for the annual report is reserved per day, while Saturdays are reserved for those availing the services of accredited entities and remote reporting for bulk applicants.
Atty. Jose Carlitos Licas, BI alien registration division chief, said remote AR may be requested by embassies or foreign groups if the number of reportees exceeds ten individuals.
Licas also bared that foreigners who are out of the country during the 60-day period can still make the report within 30 days from the date of their return to the country, so long as their re-entry permits are still valid.
"Aliens must present their original ACR I-Card and valid passport and pay a P300-annual report fee and P10-legal research fee," he said.
For aliens aged 14 and below, Licas said their parent or guardian can make the report for them. 
Senior citizens and persons with disabilities are exempted from personal appearance and may make their report through a representative with a Special Power of Attorney, he added.
"We have put safeguards in place to ensure minimized contact during the reporting process," said Morente. "We have instituted the online appointment system to limit the number of people in the area. I have also ordered that areas be regularly sanitized and disinfected, and to ensure that social distancing is strictly observed. All employees conducting AR are likewise reminded to wear their face masks and shields while on duty," he added.
https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph/

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

"The law requires all foreign nationals to report annually within the first 60 days of a calendar year," Morente said.  "They have only until March 1 to comply."

Just to be clear, those on tourist visas do not have to make a special trip to do this.  Also, those on Balikbayan are not required to report.  For example, here is my actual tourist visa experience:

2/13/13 Did a 2 month tourist extension.  Annual Report Fee p300 for 2013 was included.

2/6/14  Did a 6 month tourist extension.  Annual Report Fee p300 for 2014 was included.

10/13/14  Did a 6 month tourist extension.  The 6 months overlaps the 2015 annual report period, so I was charged p300 annual report fee for 2015.  No need to report in during Jan. 1 to Mar. 1, 2015.

For that scenario, check your last extension receipt to see if you were charged the AR fee.  If not, your tourist visa will be running out during the AR period, and you will be charged then.

2016, I was on a Balikbayan, no ACR and no AR required

2017, I had my 13A and started doing the annual special visits.

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

:huh-huh: Must be a leap year.

Edited by jimeve

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Went to Santa Rosa immigration office this morning arrived around 08.20 handed in my Passort and ACR card and waited to be called ! An hour later out comes a guy who says the system is down ! And i had to fill out a form , my Passport was handed back and was tolď to pay the 310 pesos and come back on Tues after lunch for my ACR card and receipt ! Needless to say their were many people upset ! Those who were waiting to renew or extend their visas etc were told to register their passports online ! Funny thing the BI website has been down all week !
Will see what happens tomorrow !

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Just to be clear

It was not me that said any different , I know tourist don't need too and most know that.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It was not me that said any different , I know tourist don't need too and most know that.

Yes, I know that.  The article is not clear in that area so I emphasized it.

• Like 1