Filipino Nurse gets BEM

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Which Pin Badge campaign are you talking about, Jack?  There were numerous.

Filipina nurse receives British Empire Medal by Queen Elizabeth for pandemic response

Too Long to put up with all the Adverts but interesting read from the Source

https://www.philstar.com/lifestyle/on-the-radar/2021/01/02/2067721/filipina-nurse-receives-british-empire-medal-queen-elizabeth-pandemic-response?fbclid=IwAR01APgOeUViWRoR-sfQ7HGYHS0SP-sfqBaKc1O38qcrKplf05qA1VVtupQ

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Filipina nurse receives British Empire Medal by Queen Elizabeth for pandemic response

Too Long to put up with all the Adverts but interesting read from the Source

https://www.philstar.com/lifestyle/on-the-radar/2021/01/02/2067721/filipina-nurse-receives-british-empire-medal-queen-elizabeth-pandemic-response?fbclid=IwAR01APgOeUViWRoR-sfQ7HGYHS0SP-sfqBaKc1O38qcrKplf05qA1VVtupQ

We're at cross purposes here, Jack.

I am talking about an actual pin badge, not a medal of recognition.  Mid last year, Matt Hancock announced that the government was going to give all NHS staff a pin badge in recognition of their endeavours fighting Covid-19.  Not surprisingly, the government was roundly ridiculed for this token gesture.  That's what I was referring to, not the awarding of The BEM to Charito Leonardo-Romano. 

Here is the link -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-matt-hancock-social-care-worker-badge-nhs-all-things-long-suffering-social-care-staff-england-most-need-i-would-put-badge-close-bottom-list-a9467631.html

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We're at cross purposes here, Jack.

I am talking about an actual pin badge, not a medal of recognition.  Mid last year, Matt Hancock announced that the government was going to give all NHS staff a pin badge in recognition of their endeavours fighting Covid-19.  Not surprisingly, the government was roundly ridiculed for this token gesture.  That's what I was referring to, not the awarding of The BEM to Charito Leonardo-Romano. 

Here is the link -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-matt-hancock-social-care-worker-badge-nhs-all-things-long-suffering-social-care-staff-england-most-need-i-would-put-badge-close-bottom-list-a9467631.html

Oh Well it was the BEM that the Topic was about The Honour Medal  to me is more important for one of our Hosts :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

It would appear that two Filipino nurses (One a Matron ) received MBE's

As for pin badges, not seen or heard of anyone local obtaining one.

However the public recognition is without doubt, people openly placing thank you notices in their windows, cars and shops.

Medical staff have been given priority at food stores, at least one large food chain "Morrisons" even now, are giving 10%

discount  to NHS staff.

I would presume the Ladies in question, who received MBE's, were given such for services above and beyond the call of duty.

Many staff continue to work under really stressful conditions at this time and due to shortages of staff are being offered bonuses

if they commit to extra hours, such is the need.

The truth of the matter is without the dedication of all- NHS workers, the hospitals would cease operation and function.

I take my hat off to everyone of them! :tiphat:

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

However the public recognition is without doubt, people openly placing thank you notices in their windows, cars and shops.

Medical staff have been given priority at food stores, at least one large food chain "Morrisons" even now, are giving 10%

discount  to NHS staff.

I would presume the Ladies in question, who received MBE's, were given such for services above and beyond the call of duty.

Many staff continue to work under really stressful conditions at this time and due to shortages of staff are being offered bonuses

The truth of the matter is without the dedication of all- NHS workers, the hospitals would cease operation and function.

Well said nothing to add to that John

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Kuya John said:

discount  to NHS staff.

It was a step in the right direction to give NHS staff a £500 bonus.  

The NHS is one of the things we can be rightly proud of in the UK and long may it continue.

• Like 1