Jack Ma Missing

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

I lived there 1988 to 1998 and it was possibly the " perfect " time for HK. China was just a noisy spittle ridden place over the border and had no influence on HK except for selling its chemically soaked vegetables in Park n Shop there or peope going to Shenzhen for copy handbags etc.

And then June 30th, on a very rainy and foggy night ( tears of a British god  lol ) the handover was made. Chinese troops entered the city , but were immediately confined to barracks and slowly but surely the thugs who govern Beijing ( and I lived in that polluted spittle ridden place for a few years too )  bought their controlling thinking into the wonderful place that HK was.  And slowly but surely they sought the only thing they know how to do.. and that is control.

Freedom of thought ? If China could find a way to do that they surely would.

Jack Ma.. hopefully his money is far from the CCP's hands , and eventually he will reappear, probably with an interview where he will state he went " down the wrong path" and has " learned his mistakes and corrected his errors through self education etc etc.......Run Jack Run !!!!

The only surprise is that Hong Kong citizens are surprised.  Hong Kong is a mere fly in the ointment and flies are easily swatted.  

Freebie
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The only surprise is that Hong Kong citizens are surprised.  Hong Kong is a mere fly in the ointment and flies are easily swatted.  

SAdly oh so true. See HK today, thet arrested a number of proposed candidates in next elections. Well thats one way of ensuring "your party " wins, jail all the opposition.

A few football teams probably might like to also employ that strategy

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Freebie said:

SAdly oh so true. See HK today, thet arrested a number of proposed candidates in next elections. Well thats one way of ensuring "your party " wins, jail all the opposition.

A few football teams probably might like to also employ that strategy

I saw that in the SCMP - 50 detained I believe.  Sad reality is that Hong Kong Is NOW well and truly part of the Chinese system.  The 1 country 2 systems approach was fine in theory and worked in the main for 10 years or so but seems to exist in name only now.  As I said in another post, the locals made the mistake of poking the tiger.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
graham59
Posted
Posted
On 1/6/2021 at 11:04 AM, Freebie said:

I lived there 1988 to 1998 and it was possibly the " perfect " time for HK.

I only lived there from 1994 to 1997, but agree... great days in an amazing place.  

Now only return for Balikbayan runs, which these days make me feel slightly depressed.  :sad:

13A sorted soon, I hope, so probably won't go there again.