Older gullible Foreigners + young attractive Filipinas = $?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I clearly move in different circles to you guys, Gandang Smile and Snowy!  Sure, I hear such tales from time to time but mainly on this forum.  I'm not sure if I'm living in the exception or you guys are.  

It all boils down to where you settle I'm sure. I made the mistake of going where a lot of ex pats are and that attracted in many cases the worst type of girls and at times the worst kind of ex pat.  Unfortunately many decent ex pats had no experience of the Philippines and fell in love over the web.  Visited Puerto Galera short term and did the tourist things and fell in love with the place.  Their partners kept them sheltered and the next thing they have gotten married, bought land and built a house then had their eyes open.  They're now stuck with houses that they can't sell and finding out their partners may not be the shy province girl they thought they were.

Others fall in love and are convinced to go and live near the family.  If they are fortunate it's away from many of the sex pats so they live a sheltered life from the realities of areas with a high ex pat community and tourism. 

As for being a sex pat myself I think 4 partners in just under 6 years is good going considering I know guys who have more in a week. I have set standards and won't settle for the first one that comes along unless she is something special and can hand on heart say I could be in a room with 3 of my exes at the same time and there would be no drama.  Other ex pats I know have been with the same partner all the time they've lived here and are as miserable as sin.  Moaning about their partners tampo, her friends, family, the area etc.  In fact some of their partners have had more boyfriends on the side than I'd care to count.  I've actually been on holiday with two of my exes as friends and spent this Xmas eve with my current partner and the other ex at a party. I'd safely say I'm not in the sex pat category.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am not really sure what his Topic hopes to achieve apart from letting us know who the Sexpats are, Can we see an Area for buying and selling Sex on the Forum in the Future?

Not everyone is a sexpat. Some of us can afford to choose, often for the simple fact that they live in the Philippines before meeting their soulmate.

Choice implies you need to have something to choose from.

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Pimping it's so disgusting my predictive text doesn't recognize it

"Pimp", "pump", it doesn't change the fact that you're looking down on me (and someone else who said had a similar story).

Nobody is criticising your choice, so maybe you can do the same?

Edited by Gandang Smile

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

I am not sure if you know this, but the smarter of Korean, Chinese and Japanese young men often use "field agents" to find them the perfect girl they want. They tend to skip the whole selection process, the coffee and dinner dates, the courtship, the whole lot. They say "I am 25, from a good family, I have a job and I am a pale white Korean". "I know I can get a model-looking 18-yo to take home with me". Most of the times the deed happens. 

We have had Dating Agencies, or more correctly for what you describe, Marriage Agencies, for decades that do exactly as you describe.  Younger Westerners tend to be comfortable using online dating apps so now there is  less demand for the old school bricks and mortar places whilst some young Japanese and Korean (I wouldn't include Chinese in this) don't like to "show their face" online so perhaps tend to prefer the traditional alternative.  I don't really think you've identified something which is either new or unique.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Not everyone is a sexpat.

:lipssealed_80_anim_gif: :hungover_40_anim_gif: Who'da thought it from what is written here I send you the cap that Fits.jpg to wear

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

That's your definition, mate. Nobody is criticising your choice, so maybe you can do the same?

Ah come on Referee.jpg enough is enough 

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

It all boils down to where you settle I'm sure. I made the mistake of going where a lot of ex pats are and that attracted in many cases the worst type of girls and at times the worst kind of ex pat.  Unfortunately many decent ex pats had no experience of the Philippines and fell in love over the web.  Visited Puerto Galera short term and did the tourist things and fell in love with the place.  Their partners kept them sheltered and the next thing they have gotten married, bought land and built a house then had their eyes open.  They're now stuck with houses that they can't sell and finding out their partners may not be the shy province girl they thought they were.

Others fall in love and are convinced to go and live near the family.  If they are fortunate it's away from many of the sex pats so they live a sheltered life from the realities of areas with a high ex pat community and tourism. 

As for being a sex pat myself I think 4 partners in just under 6 years is good going considering I know guys who have more in a week. I have set standards and won't settle for the first one that comes along unless she is something special and can hand on heart say I could be in a room with 3 of my exes at the same time and there would be no drama.  Other ex pats I know have been with the same partner all the time they've lived here and are as miserable as sin.  Moaning about their partners tampo, her friends, family, the area etc.  In fact some of their partners have had more boyfriends on the side than I'd care to count.  I've actually been on holiday with two of my exes as friends and spent this Xmas eve with my current partner and the other ex at a party. I'd safely say I'm not in the sex pat category.

Very well said. I personally think it's not even (only) about where you settle, but how much opportunity and time you have in your hands, to know the Filipinas.

Maybe I was one of the lucky ones because I moved here for reasons other than settling with my soulmate and I was considering looking for love as something that did not have to take a week, or 6 months. I saw that as an open ended thing. I knew I could afford not to rush and I started to meet different girls to understand what Filipinas are, and what I want.

And let's stop with the "sexpat" label. Whether it's 4 partners in 6 years or 4 partners in 6 weeks, so long none of us is doing anything unethical or illegal, I don't see where the problem is. You or nobody else needs to provide justifications for their dating choices, especially if they led to a stable and happy long-term relationship.

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We have had Dating Agencies, or more correctly for what you describe, Marriage Agencies, for decades that do exactly as you describe.  Younger Westerners tend to be comfortable using online dating apps so now there is  less demand for the old school bricks and mortar places whilst some young Japanese and Korean (I wouldn't include Chinese in this) don't like to "show their face" online so perhaps tend to prefer the traditional alternative.  I don't really think you've identified something which is either new or unique.

Exactly

I think we know the kind of "field agents" who cater for us westerners

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Ah come on Referee.jpg enough is enough 

Alright, it takes all colours. Let's move on...

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I know. What I heard though is that these particular people are asking Filipinos to drive around the province "scouting" for girls. 

It's a bit different from dating/marriage agencies or even websites where usually it's the women who reach the office or website and register.