Older gullible Foreigners + young attractive Filipinas = $?

Terry P
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

"Pimp", "pump", it doesn't change the fact that you're looking down on me (and someone else who said had a similar story).

Nobody is criticising your choice, so maybe you can do the same?

If you think pimping is acceptable crack on fella

I'd appreciate it and maybe some others if you keep it to yourself

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

It all boils down to where you settle I'm sure. I made the mistake of going where a lot of ex pats are and that attracted in many cases the worst type of girls and at times the worst kind of ex pat.  Unfortunately many decent ex pats had no experience of the Philippines and fell in love over the web.  Visited Puerto Galera short term and did the tourist things and fell in love with the place.  Their partners kept them sheltered and the next thing they have gotten married, bought land and built a house then had their eyes open.  They're now stuck with houses that they can't sell and finding out their partners may not be the shy province girl they thought they were.

Others fall in love and are convinced to go and live near the family.  If they are fortunate it's away from many of the sex pats so they live a sheltered life from the realities of areas with a high ex pat community and tourism. 

As for being a sex pat myself I think 4 partners in just under 6 years is good going considering I know guys who have more in a week. I have set standards and won't settle for the first one that comes along unless she is something special and can hand on heart say I could be in a room with 3 of my exes at the same time and there would be no drama.  Other ex pats I know have been with the same partner all the time they've lived here and are as miserable as sin.  Moaning about their partners tampo, her friends, family, the area etc.  In fact some of their partners have had more boyfriends on the side than I'd care to count.  I've actually been on holiday with two of my exes as friends and spent this Xmas eve with my current partner and the other ex at a party. I'd safely say I'm not in the sex pat category.

I won't get into the sexpat thing Snowy as it goes nowhere.

As for your post itself - I don't disagree with much you've said but just wanted to highlight that the experiences you (and Gandang Smile) have aren't necessarily representative of many ex-pats, or even the majority.  Sure, if you go to certain places you'd be mistaken for thinking it is but come to my place and you'll find slim pickings in that respect.  

On the other hand, when I was in Hong Kong (not particularly known as a sex destination) I would be forgiven for thinking I was living in the biggest brothel in the world because my apartment and office were both located in the centre of the red light district.  Again, location, location, location. 

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

As for your post itself - I don't disagree with much you've said but just wanted to highlight that the experiences you (and Gandang Smile) have aren't necessarily representative of many ex-pats, or even the majority.  Sure, if you go to certain places you'd be mistaken for thinking it is but come to my place and you'll find slim pickings in that respect.  

On the other hand, when I was in Hong Kong (not particularly known as a sex destination) I would be forgiven for thinking I was living in the biggest brothel in the world because my apartment and office were both located in the centre of the red light district.  Again, location, location, location. 

Well said

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

I know. What I heard though is that these particular people are asking Filipinos to drive around the province "scouting" for girls. 

It's a bit different from dating/marriage agencies or even websites where usually it's the women who reach the office or website and register. 

Apologies Gandang Smile but I'm not sure what you mean about Filipinos driving around - I thought we were talking Japan and Korea. I live in the provinces, kinda, and I've never heard of "scouts" snooping around but, again, I'm not moving in those circles - I would have expected to hear from family etc if it was that common but who knows?  

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Choice implies you need to have something to choose from.

The locals put it best; "Collect, then select".

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I will try to forget that there is real malice and label-sticking in some of these posts here, for the sake of a civilised conversation.

Let's say it once more. It stands to reason that people who don't have the opportunity to spend a lot of time in a country like the Philippines, will have to use dating sites and eventually focus on the one or two women they found online and came visit after a few months of distance relationship.

True, I had a different experience than many, here. I was here not to date or find a girl. I knew I would be spending consecutive years in Davao (before it became Manila) and didn't feel I needed to rush and settle with the first Filipina I would meet.

I gave myself the choice to meet, dine with and even sleep with multiple girls. How is that a problem, or the indication that I was a "sexpat"?

About the "location location location" tenet, I do agree with you. Only, the difference in location we talk about is more "back home in the US/UK etc. vs here on the field".

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
Just now, Shady said:

The locals put it best; "Collect, then select".

Yes, I heard that too! Filipinos can be quite pragmatic...

• Like 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Apologies Gandang Smile but I'm not sure what you mean about Filipinos driving around - I thought we were talking Japan and Korea. I live in the provinces, kinda, and I've never heard of "scouts" snooping around but, again, I'm not moving in those circles - I would have expected to hear from family etc if it was that common but who knows?  

I don't know either, @hk blues. I don't know how it works but I know there used to be these kinds of people in Italy, too, until not so long ago. If it's anything similar to the Italian "sensale" kind of character, they would be people who either were born or know a specific neighbourhood very well and, when contacted by the suitor with the requirements, would start contacting family friends or acquaintance in the area.

I said "driving around" because I can imagine family homes might be far apart in these rural locations.

I bet some of those families would recoil in digust at the idea of giving their prettiest daughter or sister to some man they never met (and probably never will). Some others may not mind, especially if they find out that the relationship is a genuine one, so far from the "pimping" someone in here implied.

Edited by Gandang Smile

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Just had a friend on messenger with me from the Philippines

Believe it or not this site is not an island exclusive to westerners

There's some pretty pissed off Filipinos are reading this thread

At least one is considering reporting it to cyber

Your call guys

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, TerryP said:

If you think pimping is acceptable crack on fella

I'd appreciate it and maybe some others if you keep it to yourself

image.png

I have never controlled prostitutes and arranged clients for them, and I have never taken part of their earnings in return.

Do you want to apologise or you want me to ask someone to give your (probably sore by now) fingers another due slap?

• Like 1