US capital building occupied by Americans. Police shoot one. Politicians hiding.

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Red hat but even the vast majority of red hats think they are wack jobs

Well, apparently some members of QAnon are front and center among the red hats: 
qanon 1.PNG  qanon 2.PNG

Jake
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

Many very well armed trained angry Americans out there.

And many are hunters, aka.....long distance snipers.  Did I mention this before....DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA?

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jake said:

And many are hunters, aka.....long distance snipers.  Did I mention this before....DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA?

So-called 'militias' are 99% talkers, out of shape and living in a fantasy world. Maybe 1% are doers of the caliber of Timothy McVeigh, who did the famous Oklahoma City bombing. Of this 1%, at least 95% are not too bright and the FBI is on top of them.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Guy F. said:

So-called 'militias' are 99% talkers, out of shape and living in a fantasy world. Maybe 1% are doers of the caliber of Timothy McVeigh, who did the famous Oklahoma City bombing. Of this 1%, at least 95% are not too bright and the FBI is on top of them.

Gosh Guy I hope it's much lower that 1%. Agree a few likely do have limited cranial capacity some are lazy others just want simple answers for very complicated problems. It's good to take action but we see both sides acting out badly and that's not constructive. What's needed is Respectful dialog that can allow consensus and change both can accept. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

What's needed is Respectful dialog that can allow consensus and change both can accept. 

Sounds like you are describing a salesman.  I don't think any Dems or Reps are gonna be sold on the other sides point of view with talk.  Its too late for talk.  Perhaps if all parties sit down and shut up and let the laws take their natural course then we may get somewhere.  This election is over.  Time to start planning for the next one.  Green hats next time.  Green means go.  Green is environmentally friendly.  Make America Green Again.

• Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sounds like you are describing a salesman.  I don't think any Dems or Reps are gonna be sold on the other sides point of view with talk.  Its too late for talk.  Perhaps if all parties sit down and shut up and let the laws take their natural course then we may get somewhere.  This election is over.  Time to start planning for the next one.  Green hats next time.  Green means go.  Green is environmentally friendly.  Make America Green Again.

Sarcasm at its best!

• Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I think as a percentage wise of the population the nut jobs make up a minute part but get 99% of the exposure.  This only fuels the fire and winds up those not smart enough to see the big picture.  A prime example being the " Proud Boys." They made the news everywhere for a few weeks and even had some of my Scottish mates talking about them.  I envisaged hundreds of thousands of Red Necks armed to the teeth killing anyone that wasn't a White American patriot. Research showed they numbered a couple of thousand mainly straight guys that believed a womens place was in the kitchen and thought American culture needs saving. They even have a Cuban American leader and a gay chapter.  After this hit the media numbers " swelled" to over 5,000 from a population of over 328 million.  Sure there were a few select photos doing the rounds showing some of their supporters with badges that were also meant to represent White Supremist groups but they were three or four at the most and I'm sure if you looked into them they would have friends of different colours, they followed a Cuban leader for a start so pretty much as I'd say a virtue signalling racist.

Of the Democrats and Republicans I know most could sit down in a room and agree that both sides have sensible policies but each side will still do whatever it takes to get in power, whether it's lying to their voters or just virtue signalling. I do however know a few people who only view one side of the media and believe everything regardless how stupid it seams.  I mean we all know that Democrats don't know what toilet to use and Republicans think they're Rambo's long lost brother. :whistling:

Joking aside labeling individual does nothing but piss them off.  I'm tired of seeing certain groups being called Right Wing extremists because they care about their culture of Left Wing fanatics because the care about others.

• Like 4

Shady
Posted
Posted
On 1/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, Snowy79 said:

I'm puzzled why when I flew into the states they could record my fingerprints and scan my retina in a few seconds just to spend a few weeks on holiday there yet you need the bare minimum ID to vote in one of the most powerful persons in the World. 

If the US had voter ID then the Left would never win another election, so they called it  'extreme right', 'racist', all the words that the Left loves to use. Labeling is a common strategy to divert from and distort reality.

The puzzling part is why didn't the other side do anything about this before 2020...

• Like 3

Shady
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Joking aside labeling individual does nothing but piss them off.  I'm tired of seeing certain groups being called Right Wing extremists because they care about their culture of Left Wing fanatics because the care about others.

Well said, not just about labels, which are a sad excuse for an actual discussion, but your descriptions: You accurately described the Right as caring about their culture and you accurately described the Left, as caring about others. That's really it all comes down to: the Right is America first (aka nationalism) and the Left is America last (aka globalism).

graham59
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Guy F. said:

34f582fa5c071a4d87bd3cd9885937fe.jpg

• Haha 4