US capital building occupied by Americans. Police shoot one. Politicians hiding.

graham59
Posted
Posted

:unsure:

136952016_10159269157211484_6677680815585705955_n.jpg

• Haha 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, graham59 said:

:unsure:

136952016_10159269157211484_6677680815585705955_n.jpg

I understand QAnon is also in Great Britain?  

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

I understand QAnon is also in Great Britain?  

Probably...especially if it involves any kind of lunacy.  :rolleyes:

I haven't been there for a long time now. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Probably...especially if it involves any kind of lunacy.  :rolleyes:

I haven't been there for a long time 

Nut jobs are just proof how easy it is to influence the public if you use the right propaganda. Imagine if the media looked into the claims of one of the biggest selling books of all time. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Devout atheist here... not getting into that.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think as a percentage wise of the population the nut jobs make up a minute part but get 99% of the exposure.  This only fuels the fire and winds up those not smart enough to see the big picture.  A prime example being the " Proud Boys." They made the news everywhere for a few weeks and even had some of my Scottish mates talking about them.  I envisaged hundreds of thousands of Red Necks armed to the teeth killing anyone that wasn't a White American patriot. Research showed they numbered a couple of thousand mainly straight guys that believed a womens place was in the kitchen and thought American culture needs saving. They even have a Cuban American leader and a gay chapter.  After this hit the media numbers " swelled" to over 5,000 from a population of over 328 million.  Sure there were a few select photos doing the rounds showing some of their supporters with badges that were also meant to represent White Supremist groups but they were three or four at the most and I'm sure if you looked into them they would have friends of different colours, they followed a Cuban leader for a start so pretty much as I'd say a virtue signalling racist.

Of the Democrats and Republicans I know most could sit down in a room and agree that both sides have sensible policies but each side will still do whatever it takes to get in power, whether it's lying to their voters or just virtue signalling. I do however know a few people who only view one side of the media and believe everything regardless how stupid it seams.  I mean we all know that Democrats don't know what toilet to use and Republicans think they're Rambo's long lost brother. :whistling:

Joking aside labeling individual does nothing but piss them off.  I'm tired of seeing certain groups being called Right Wing extremists because they care about their culture of Left Wing fanatics because the care about others.

One of the Proud Boys rules is "No Masturbating". They can have my Purple Helmet Warrior when they pry it from my cold dead hand.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, I don't about you but my stress level these past several days, has pegged the needle.  So I turned off the news, there's hatred everywhere.  My daily fix for now is Comedy Central.  It has been awhile since I laughed out loud: 

• Haha 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jake said:

Hey guys, I don't about you but my stress level these past several days, has pegged the needle.  So I turned off the news, there's hatred everywhere.  My daily fix for now is Comedy Central.  It has been awhile since I laughed out loud: 

Hilarious keep the episodes coming

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jake, good for you! We quit TV and radio news well over a year ago. We stay informed via NPR online and some google news. Our stress level is down about 1,000%. 

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Guy F. said:

One of the Proud Boys rules is "No Masturbating". They can have my Purple Helmet Warrior when they pry it from my cold dead hand.

I watched an interview with the leader of the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, he pretty much said he gets fed up being labelled so when interviewed he says things just to wind the interviewer up as he knew he was trying to get trapped into saying things that could be used against him. 

He actually came across as an allround good guy and a decent laugh. He said a man's place is to take care of women and respect them, be proud of where you come from but not to the detrement of others and he couldn't care less about a persons sexual orientation or religious beliefs. Mind you 1.2 billion Catholics are in full support of no masturbating. :nudie:

• Haha 1