Overstayers and undocumented Tourists caught out

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Just hypothesising here, but whilst I do enjoy the benefits of the 13a, it doesn't give as the same rights as citizens and I do wonder if and when the vaccine are distributed where us non-citizen residents will fall in the priority order.  We many be excluded completely and forced to seek it privately IF that becomes an option.  If not, we can always fly off to some other country as long as we comply with airline requirements to show a vaccine certificate...wait a minute!  As always, we wait and see and react accordingly.

• Hmm thinking 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Just hypothesising here, but whilst I do enjoy the benefits of the 13a, it doesn't give as the same rights as citizens and I do wonder if and when the vaccine are distributed where us non-citizen residents will fall in the priority order.  We many be excluded completely and forced to seek it privately IF that becomes an option.  If not, we can always fly off to some other country as long as we comply with airline requirements to show a vaccine certificate...wait a minute!  As always, we wait and see and react accordingly.

I am pretty sure the private clinics will offer a "fast track" for paying foreigners (and wealthy locals).

When the first batches of Covid PCR testing kits arrived in Manila, I remember some Chinese private hospitals offering them for $150 USD a piece.

Edited by Gandang Smile

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

I am pretty sure the private clinics will offer a "fast track" for paying foreigners (and wealthy locals).

When the first batches of Covid PCR testing kits arrived in Manila, I remember some Chinese private hospitals offering them for $150 USD a piece.

Yep...I'm assuming that will be the case so I'm not unduly worried (yet)

I was interested to see that our Mayor has authorised the purchase of 600,000 vaccines outside of the national effort and not the Chinese one either. Money was raised through donations etc.  Will be interesting to see if this is just a PR stunt with no end product or indicative of how things will get done here in the Philippines.  

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep...I'm assuming that will be the case so I'm not unduly worried (yet)

I was interested to see that our Mayor has authorised the purchase of 600,000 vaccines outside of the national effort and not the Chinese one either. Money was raised through donations etc.  Will be interesting to see if this is just a PR stunt with no end product or indicative of how things will get done here in the Philippines.  

Oh you live in Iloilo, just noticed...beautiful city, well-run, progressive. I wouldn't be surprised if the City government did something cheap and efficient to accommodate frontliners and then the more exposed citizens. Not sure what if the policy would privilege locals over foreigners...

Edited by Gandang Smile

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My concern with any vaccine in Philippines would be if it's authentic stored properly and full strength. 

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

My concern with any vaccine in Philippines would be if it's authentic stored properly and full strength. 

Yes Sir. :whistling:

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Old55 said:

If it's the Sinovac they have over here, it's only 50% effective. Heads, you're protected, tails, you're not. Heads, you get some side effects, tails, you don't... :smile:

Is Your Fish Oil Made in China? Part 3 - OmegaVia

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Hmm thinking 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

we can always fly off to some other country as long as we comply with airline requirements to show a vaccine certificate..

"vaccine certificate"... LOL... People who got vaccinated still need to wear a face mask, social distance and according to the CDC, need to get a PCR test 72 hours before flying into the US. I was writing about this in this forum months ago and always got negative responses rebuking me... 

Edited by Explorer

hk blues
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Explorer said:

"vaccine certificate"... LOL... People who got vaccinated still need to wear a face mask, social distance and according to the CDC, need to get a PCR test 72 hours before flying into the US. I was writing about this in this forum months ago and always got negative responses rebuking me... 

I was hypothesising - nothing has happened in respect of vaccinations or anything else as yet here.

What exactly were you rebuked about months ago?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

If it's the Sinovac they have over here, it's only 50% effective. Heads, you're protected, tails, you're not. Heads, you get some side effects, tails, you don't... :smile:

Is Your Fish Oil Made in China? Part 3 - OmegaVia

Not in Iloilo GS! :whistling: