Overstayers and undocumented Tourists caught out

Terry P
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

He has overstayed under a year it should be ok. My friend did overstay nearly 2 years he just had to pay a fine no blacklisting. But times might have changed.

Perhaps this is a positive in among all the uncertainty

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Just a thought

With all this yearly registration going on right now has anyone asked any questions about the overstay issue with your local friendly officials

May not be the official line but maybe an indication of how this issue is going to pan out

My friend has been advised that the satellite offices won't deal with him.  He has to go to the main immigration office.  He is toying with the idea of arriving at the airport as he flies out and hoping they will just take the money and throw him on a plane.  I told him he is playing with fire and has too much to lose. 

• Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

My friend has been advised that the satellite offices won't deal with him.  He has to go to the main immigration office.  He is toying with the idea of arriving at the airport as he flies out and hoping they will just take the money and throw him on a plane.  I told him he is playing with fire and has too much to lose. 

They will simply refer him back to BI HQ in Manila...or have him arrested, if having a particularly bad day. 

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Devil if you do devil if you don't. Going to the main office might give some beaureaucratic a,.hole the opportunity to hang things out beyond his flight date.

turning up at the airport they may have something in place already

Has anyone been in this situation already?

Terry P
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, graham59 said:

They will simply refer him back to BI HQ in Manila...or have him arrested, if having a particularly bad day. 

Possibly precisely the way some guys in this situation are thinking Graham. Is this something you know as being fact?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, graham59 said:

I'm pretty much thinking along those lines.  Seeing how some officials interpret the rules if they have received a memo saying no over stayers to be dealt with he will be screwed as he is talking of arriving on the day of his flight, and you need an appointment now for the main immigration offices. 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

As I say, it's not the worst place to be.  I'm sure there are better but it's fine for us. 

No HK its one of the best cities in the country. The uptown part is super, the mall around the Fiesta walk plus esplanade  all world class. Was slightly surprised with the change however in town town. Still one of the best.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm pretty much thinking along those lines.  Seeing how some officials interpret the rules if they have received a memo saying no over stayers to be dealt with he will be screwed as he is talking of arriving on the day of his flight, and you need an appointment now for the main immigration offices. 

Those guys manning the desks at NAIA do have a scary amount of power. 

IMO. the guy needs to 'rectify' his status before going anywhere near an airport. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Snowy your friend seems hell bent on self destruction. How many chances is he going to take? 

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Snowy your friend seems hell bent on self destruction. How many chances is he going to take? 

I've briefed him ready but whether he listens or not is now his problem.  I advised him to message immigration and explain the implication of getting to Manila from where he is, added to the fact his partner should have given birth yesterday.  He is financially on his butt and can't afford the additional transport, swab test, possible hotel stay etc then 14 days quarantine.  He should be flying in under 14 days. 

• Sad 1