Duterte says presidency no job for a woman because of their emotional differences to men.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg But many do but then, we are not talking Promotion here are we ? we are talking Elected persons  and that to me is a whole different ball game

Then maybe we should open up elections to people from poor families or from outside of the usual power families by making finances not being the decider into who they pass the baton onto.  There's more discrimination through wealth and family connections than between being male or female.  I think from the Presidency down you could make a political tree up from a tiny percentage of the population and if you go back in time power will always come from the same tree.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Then maybe we should open up elections to people from poor families

Odd everyone eligible has the right to Vote but then even the poor can be greedy & it seems many can be bought so:whatever: However I don't like Politics of any nature and of any Country

18 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

There's more discrimination through wealth and family connections than between being male or female. 

Then I see little  point in continuing this Topic so I am Homer out of Here..jpg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I believe the best person for a job should get it regardless of sex.  We're talking running a country here not serving McDonalds.   I've came across my fair share of people elevated way above their abilities just to appease people.  All it achieves is to piss off those that strive to be the best but know they'll never get their as they don't fit in with the quota. 

Here's one guy that knows what he's talking about and keeps an open mind only looking at actual data over thousands of studies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVvOv1UwJLA

I don't think you'll find anyone who thinks the quota system in employment practices is "good" but then again you won't find many people saying taxes are good - necessary evils.

If something that is undesirable can achieve as close as we can get to fairness in employment when the decision makers and their prejudices is based in the 1960s and 1970s then I personally can live with it.

And, I'm speaking as a veteran HR Manager of 23 years so I have some idea about this. From both sides.

Anyhow, these types of topic never end well so, like Jack, I'm out.

• Like 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
On 1/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, Freebie said:

He only has until May 9th 2022... then perhaps the country can have a president who has more professional communication skills.... but then again, knowing how people get elected here ( singing and dancing shows, plus tins of sardines  and the possibility of blue notes ) its merely a hope only , that things would be better.

Well, that's the thing going here in the Philippines. Being able to sing and dance (fight, maybe) is revolving door with being elected as a President. Nothing polarises the folk vote more than an instantly recognisable "TV face", regardless of their political acumen, in fact regardless of their intellect.

Having said that, this country did have at least one very competent female President, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. Much of the economic boost her successor Noynoy Aquino enjoyed was because of her policies.

Cory Aquino deserves some pity. She only rose to power because she was "national hero" Ninoy Aquino's wife and because she was a Cojuangco, then one of the top 3 most powerful families in the Philippines. Few remember her for her politics.

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 1/16/2021 at 3:41 PM, GeoffH said:

He didn't say we "couldn't share opinions" he said some things should be kept to oneself.

Dude, my reading skills are more than adequate. Im well aware what a previous poster said and what I said. But thanks for noting the difference. Regards to Granny.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Me thinks as politics in this country are none of our business and also discussion can get us into trouble that I will end this topic.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic