Putting the covid deaths in perspective

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

In the USA covid deaths are currently 407,042 (John Hopkins).  In WW2, 416,800 US soldiers were killed.  At the current rate of death covid deaths exceed that number by the end of the week.  :sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

In the USA covid deaths are currently 407,042 (John Hopkins).  In WW2, 416,800 US soldiers were killed.  At the current rate of death covid deaths exceed that number by the end of the week.  :sad:

How many people lived in the US during ww11.

• Like 3

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

Just now, sonjack2847 said:

Carries on the way it is a damned sight more than there will be shortly

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

According to google population in 1944 was 138.4 million.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think more interesting would be a comparison of average deaths compared to current deaths Kevi.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

morgue.jpg

One person's disaster is another person's business opportunity. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Mike J said:

In the USA covid deaths are currently 407,042 (John Hopkins)

Politically incorrect question here.

Due to the high quality of medical care in the US (and the UK and other 1st world countries,,,oops wrong term,,,economically advanced countries) How many of those 400k plus people would have been alive in the Philippines (and other emerging nations) to contract covid?

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, RBM said:

I think more interesting would be a comparison of average deaths compared to current deaths Kevi.

I was thinking about % but it os mute as covid is not over yet.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

Politically incorrect question here.

Due to the high quality of medical care in the US (and the UK and other 1st world countries,,,oops wrong term,,,economically advanced countries) How many of those 400k plus people would have been alive in the Philippines (and other emerging nations) to contract covid?

Difficult question for sure.  I think the problem is not so much with the quality of health care in these "advanced" countries as it is with people who refuse to take precautions for a variety of reasons - personal freedom, you can't make me, I will sue, it's all a hoax, just the flu, etc.   With that attitude it is hardly surprising that USA represents about 4% of the world's population but 25% of the world's cases. :sad:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Difficult question for sure.  I think the problem is not so much with the quality of health care in these "advanced" countries as it is with people who refuse to take precautions for a variety of reasons - personal freedom, you can't make me, I will sue, it's all a hoax, just the flu, etc.   With that attitude it is hardly surprising that USA represents about 4% of the world's population but 25% of the world's cases. :sad:

👍At last someone who's alive to the situation

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic