Putting the covid deaths in perspective

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I was thinking about % but it os mute as covid is not over yet.

According to this article the overall 2020 death rate for the USA increased by at least 12 percent over 2019.  There are lots of graphs in that page so I will not post the actual article.  And unfortunately you are correct, it is not over by a long shot. :sad:

https://usafacts.org/articles/preliminary-us-death-statistics-more-deaths-in-2020-than-2019-coronavirus-age-flu/

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

In the USA covid deaths are currently 407,042 (John Hopkins).  In WW2, 416,800 US soldiers were killed.  At the current rate of death covid deaths exceed that number by the end of the week.  :sad:

Definitely increasing with total disregard of protecting yourselves and others.  For example, the thousands of rioters storming the US Capital building, many of those not wearing any masks.  And then they go home to their families.  Is this another super cluster -- a super spreader event?  

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It may have more to do with financial incentives and how possible covid are recorded. A 12% increase in deaths could easily be accounted by the way some states and hospitals have been diagnosing those dying. In many cases no autopsy was carried out and diagnosis was by symptoms only.  

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

It may have more to do with financial incentives and how possible covid are recorded. A 12% increase in deaths could easily be accounted by the way some states and hospitals have been diagnosing those dying. In many cases no autopsy was carried out and diagnosis was by symptoms only.  

Must be that things go in circles

Why not have a stocktake of the bodies in the morgue

Woops forgot about that lot let's put it down to covid

Then they wait for the next pandemic

GET REAL FFS

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

personal freedom, you can't make me,

Agreed 100% :thumbsup: 

But what I am trying to get at is that the states might have 25% of the worlds cases (could easy access to testing reflect this?), my question, and it will take years to come out, if it ever does, due to the ability of the US to extend life via the advanced health care, they had a much higher % of their population that were just hanging on. 

What we are not being told, is that the US has 25% of the worlds cases, but what is the % of the recoveries?

Personal experience: In San Diego California my Filipino Brother in law, age 66, 2 comorbidities, his wife age 65, 3 comorbidities. His mother in law, age in the high 80s, several comorbidities. His Daughter age 34, 0 comorbidities, his grandson, age 7. All live in the same house, all got infected, all recovered. 2 were hospitalized for 4 and 5 days respectively. 

Makes me wonder 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I read an article on the BBC today that reported that 29% of Covid patients who had "recovered" were re-admitted to hospital within 6 months and of those 12% passed away.

Quite concerning if the wider picture is consistent with that.

• Like 3

Joey G
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

In the USA covid deaths are currently 407,042 (John Hopkins).  In WW2, 416,800 US soldiers were killed.  At the current rate of death covid deaths exceed that number by the end of the week.  :sad:

Guessing this doesn't help the situation... appears smoking is surpassing WWII annually.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm

Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death.

• Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 7 million deaths per year.2 If the pattern of smoking all over the globe doesn’t change, more than 8 million people a year will die from diseases related to tobacco use by 2030.3
  • Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
  • On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.4
  • If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, TerryP said:

Must be that things go in circles

Why not have a stocktake of the bodies in the morgue

Woops forgot about that lot let's put it down to covid

Then they wait for the next pandemic

GET REAL FFS

The issue is not all people alleged to have died of covid have had autopsies carried out.  A quick Google at many of the real medical sites with actual experts have found many cases where covid was put down as the cause but that wasn't what actually killed the individual. They highlighted it was impossible due to numbers to do full autopsies and in many cases if the deceased had a few of the symptoms associated with covid then that was what went on the death certificate. In reality they may have died with Covid but not from Covid, there's a huge difference there. 

Taking today's figures into account of the just over 24m who caught covid 398,000 died.  That's 0.00165833% of all covid cases dying while infected.  Now many of those 398,000 were already at deaths door and until recently not many autopsies took place how many using the % above may actually have died of covid not just with covid?

Maybe the increased deaths were down to increased suicides, non treatment of underlying conditions due to lack of access to medical care, who knows until they break down the figures, in Scotland up until July 2019 there was already an excess of over 1,000 cancer patients dying than normaly dies in an average year.

Don't take my word for it.  Here's one of the people in charge admitting how it's classed.  Please tell me you can see a problem here FFS. :whistling:

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-director-explains-how-covid-deaths-are-classified/

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

The issue is not all people alleged to have died of covid have had autopsies carried out.  A quick Google at many of the real medical sites with actual experts have found many cases where covid was put down as the cause but that wasn't what actually killed the individual. They highlighted it was impossible due to numbers to do full autopsies and in many cases if the deceased had a few of the symptoms associated with covid then that was what went on the death certificate. In reality they may have died with Covid but not from Covid, there's a huge difference there. 

Taking today's figures into account of the just over 24m who caught covid 398,000 died.  That's 0.00165833% of all covid cases dying while infected.  Now many of those 398,000 were already at deaths door and until recently not many autopsies took place how many using the % above may actually have died of covid not just with covid?

Maybe the increased deaths were down to increased suicides, non treatment of underlying conditions due to lack of access to medical care, who knows until they break down the figures, in Scotland up until July 2019 there was already an excess of over 1,000 cancer patients dying than normaly dies in an average year.

Don't take my word for it.  Here's one of the people in charge admitting how it's classed.  Please tell me you can see a problem here FFS. :whistling:

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-director-explains-how-covid-deaths-are-classified/

The correct number using your figures is 1.65 percent. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The correct number using your figures is 1.65 percent. 

That's what happens when I'm lazy and type it into Google lol. You're correct and even off the top of my head I can now tell the figure was way out. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic