Entry of a US Citizen as of Jan 29

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the detailed travel information Dave. 

It's 42 degrees heavy clouds with cold drizzle here south of Seattle this morning. 

• Like 1

KC813
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, DaveB said:

We had to update the ticket agent for Alaska that the government had changed the blanket US restriction to allow spouses to accompany a Philippine National.  Lesson Learned: this stuff bounces around a lot - double check rules before you go so you are aware and can explain the latest version.  Handy to print out announcements to show people, just in case.

Dave-  What an odyssey!  How did you convince the Alaska desk agent?  I hear stories all the time of airline check in agents taking so long to confirm travel eligibility that the traveler eventually misses the flight.

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, DaveB said:

You don't have to just take the first answer, but you need to plead your case calmly and politely - enter into a discussion, not an argument. 

Dave thanks for the info and for all the argumentive type out there, see what can be achieved when not in an argumentive mood. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Thanks, we will be going back in June or July so I hope I can get a balikbayan stamp again when we return, I'm on 9a tourist as well, I'll probably just fly to Manila.

• Like 1

DaveB
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Old55 said:

It's 42 degrees heavy clouds with cold drizzle here south of Seattle this morning. 

By the way...a little off topic for this post, but speaking of weather - what the heck is going on here?  I've been traveling back and forth to the Philippines off and on for over 30 years.  I've never seen weather this cool.  It's been in the 70s at night and in the low 80s during the day and very low humidity.  Filipinos are wearing coats in the morning and my maid has been complaining about how cold it is.  It's more like an early summer day in Seattle.  It's kinda weird.

Well...I spent 3 weeks in snow in Spokane, so I'm not complaining, but I've never seen this in the Philippines.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Clermont said:

Dave thanks for the info and for all the argumentive type out there, see what can be achieved when not in an argumentive mood. :thumbsup:

Well done Clermont

Much more fun to have a good old tear up though

softail
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the great info, Myself and my wife have basically been stranded here south of Seattle since last May. We have been waiting out the quarantine restrictions that the Philippines have put in place. Here in Seattle I can go where I want with basically no restrictions. At my age, in the Philippines I would basically have to quarantine in my home and watch TV all day.

• Like 2

DaveB
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, TerryP said:

Much more fun to have a good old tear up though

DaveB
Posted
Posted

Yeah...but when you're on one side of the immigration booth trying to get to the other side...best to be on your best behavior.  Some tense moments there.

• Like 5