CHAOS with finger on the TRIGGER

Jake
Posted
Posted

The Chinese has probed and penetrated the 50 yard line so many times, claiming Taiwan is rightfully theirs. All it takes is one itchy finger (fox 1) or one "unmarked mine" to ignite the bubble. There's goes Walmart.  And the rest of the global economy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

The Chinese has probed and penetrated the 50 yard line so many times, claiming Taiwan is rightfully theirs. All it takes is one itchy finger (fox 1) or one "unmarked mine" to ignite the bubble. There's goes Walmart.  And the rest of the global economy.

I heard on the news that USA will back up the Philippines against the Chinese, not got a link for this.

• Like 4

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Ballistic missile submarines!

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I heard on the news that USA will back up the Philippines against the Chinese, not got a link for this.

No need for link on this one, I think, Jim. I have seen reports in many places about this. A US rep was here - sec of state or ambassador? - telling the Filipinos here exactly that. Let's all hope it doesn't come to that!

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Yeochief said:

Ballistic missile submarines!

Damn right YNC!  You guys can expend all your ordinance and be home in time for super.  I'm talking about the modified Ohio class, the SSGN with conventional warheads and a couple platoons of navy seals.  I'm also very impressed with the other navies and their very quiet killer subs.  Look at the Japanese and South Korean subs.  Most are very modern with an attitude of a samurai warrior.  

• Like 3

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
  1. North Korea.
  2. United States.
  3. China.
  4. Russia.
  5. Iran.
  6. Japan.
  7. India.
  8. South Korea.
  9. Turkey.
  10. Columbia.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Yeochief said:
  1. North Korea.
  2. United States.
  3. China.
  4. Russia.
  5. Iran.
  6. Japan.
  7. India.
  8. South Korea.
  9. Turkey.
  10. Columbia.

They are not all ballistic missile submarines.

All the Nuclear Missile Submarines in the World in One Chart

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

6 hours ago, Jake said:

Damn right YNC!  You guys can expend all your ordinance and be home in time for super.  I'm talking about the modified Ohio class, the SSGN with conventional warheads and a couple platoons of navy seals.  I'm also very impressed with the other navies and their very quiet killer subs.  Look at the Japanese and South Korean subs.  Most are very modern with an attitude of a samurai warrior.  

I think the days of the stealth submarines are long gone with today's technology.  There's been a lot of money spent mapping the ocean and it's magnetic fields.  Many countries have littered the ocean with magnetic anomoly detectors and satellites can penetrate the ocean down to about 70m if my mind corrects me.  The maximum depth a submarine would need to be to launch is about 50m.  

I'm pretty sure once they launched their general area will be hit within the hour, the shockwaves underwater will turn all crew to mush. Add to this there's already proven anti ballistic missile systems capable of shooting down nuclear warheads.  My fear is the likes of Taiwan would be invaded or wiped out before anyone retaliated and by then it would be too late and maybe not worth starting a World war over.

• Like 3