Vaccination Passport

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Joey G said:

We already have the equivalent of a Travel Pass in Hawaii. You must be tested negative... no test and you must quarantine.  Even having a record of the vaccine requires getting tested.

The OP started with a discussion about IATA possibly implementing a system to check for vaccines... the discussion has morphed into discussing travel protocols... no argument on anyone's points... my point is strictly that a vaccinated person can carry the disease unknowingly just as a unvaccinated person who is asymptomatic can. 

At present that is true Joey the experts have not arrived at a conclusion as to whether the Vaccine stops transmission. It is relevant to an IATA or other authorised pass.

How it is implemented depends upon the effectiveness of the Vaccine and what countries are prepared to accept as a reasonable risk whether it be Vaccine only or additional PCR test

Let's not forget the IATA have a vested interest in getting this thing off the ground so to speak

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Another new variant.  Highly transmissible and resistant to antibodies

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2268014-exclusive-two-variants-have-merged-into-heavily-mutated-coronavirus/

Thats it.  We're done for.  The vaccines are not going to be able to keep up with the virus.

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Another new variant.  Highly transmissible and resistant to antibodies

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2268014-exclusive-two-variants-have-merged-into-heavily-mutated-coronavirus/

Thats it.  We're done for.  The vaccines are not going to be able to keep up with the virus.

I get it... Okay... more Tanduay to fight it!!!

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I get it... Okay... more Tanduay to fight it!!!

You got stock Now then Tom? :whistling:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

You got stock Now then Tom? :whistling:

Working on it, Jack. Already have the SM Pilsen and Red Horse...hehehe...

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Joey G said:

Riddle me this.... the WHO, the medical experts, and the press have been hammering home that the vaccine does not prevent people from catching the disease and spreading it... OK, got it. So if thats true... then whats the purpose in asking for proof of a vaccine to get a "Vaccine Passport" to get on a plane?  Aren't people who have taken the vaccine now just spreaders like all the asymptomatic people the experts say spread it unknowingly today?  

I suppose if it's a choice between having the vaccine and catching Covid but having a minor illness and not taking the vaccine and catching Covid and suffering serious illness, or worse, then I'll take the vaccine.

For me, it's as simple as that.  

• Like 4

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, hk blues said:

So, you are focusing on one single element and excluding all other aspects of daily life, and an element which is totally irrelevant to the vast majority of the people living here? Okay.

Complete nonsense to suggest we are in a lockdown situation here and you know it.

Wait a second... so you are not in lockdown, you can go out every day and spend time in crowded supermarkets and that ok, but if I am going to get PCR tested and take a single two and half hour flight to Costa Rica, now I am the bad guy?

Edited by Explorer
  • Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Explorer said:

Wait a second... so you are not in lockdown, you can go out every day and spend time in crowded supermarkets and that ok, but if I am going to get PCR tested and take a single two and half hour flight to Costa Rica, now I am the bad guy?

Yes you are the "bad guys" the USA had the highest infection rate in the world and still has. That's due to not putting safety protocols in place in the first place by your government and now they are being introduced there are too many ignoring them. In addition many refusing vaccination doesn't help either

If Costa Rica allows you entry with a PCR test that's their decision

Why should another country allow you to freely travel there or indeed you be allowed on a plane without proving you're not contagious

What HK is referring to is a local decision or even national decision due to the case numbers.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

That's due to not putting safety protocols in place

Terry, you are right to a point, but you must understand, that unlike a majority of the countries in the world, the USA can not impose the same protocols as say the Phil or NZ or OZ. It is just plain against the constitution. 

An unofficial motto of the USA is "Home of the free and land of the brave"

in this instance it might be changed to 

"land of the stupid" but that is just reality :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic