Vaccination Passport

Terry P
Posted
Posted
Just now, scott h said:

Terry, you are right to a point, but you must understand, that unlike a majority of the countries in the world, the USA can not impose the same protocols as say the Phil or NZ or OZ. It is just plain against the constitution. 

An unofficial motto of the USA is "Home of the free and land of the brave"

in this instance it might be changed to 

"land of the stupid" but that is just reality :thumbsup:

How could "in case of a pandemic" be written into your constitution.

I would think the vast majority of Americans have the sense to realise the gravity of the situation and adjust appropriately.

You will have the minority of idiots like everywhere else that don't conform. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, TerryP said:

would think

Thinking has little to do with it Terry. PLEASE keep in mind I am not disagreeing with you or saying you are wrong in your thinking, I am just trying to explain why in some instances the US seem a bit "idiotic"

8 minutes ago, TerryP said:

How could "in case of a pandemic" be written into your constitution.

Here is just one example.  Here in the Phil and in other countries large groups can not get together.

In the US that is against the constituion. quote :Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now the work around is that businesses, churchesces and the like need a permit to operate. Those can get revoked by "local" goverments. But not the Federal.

So here and elsewhere the police can arrest 10 folks standing around in public, but not in the US

• Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

Thinking has little to do with it Terry. PLEASE keep in mind I am not disagreeing with you or saying you are wrong in your thinking, I am just trying to explain why in some instances the US seem a bit "idiotic"

Here is just one example.  Here in the Phil and in other countries large groups can not get together.

In the US that is against the constituion. quote :Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now the work around is that businesses, churchesces and the like need a permit to operate. Those can get revoked by "local" goverments. But not the Federal.

So here and elsewhere the police can arrest 10 folks standing around in public, but not in the US

Unless local governments say-so I presume

Explorer
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, TerryP said:

Yes you are the "bad guys" the USA had the highest infection rate in the world and still has. That's due to not putting safety protocols in place in the first place by your government and now they are being introduced there are too many ignoring them. In addition many refusing vaccination doesn't help either.

While I am not going to follow your path of "my country is better than your country" pissing contest because I think it is Juvenile or just plain stupid, I have a question for you TerryP, do you have stones and glass houses in the UK?

"Britain Hits Highest COVID-19 Death Rate Per Capita in the World"

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/britain-hits-highest-covid-19-death-rate-capita-world

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 7.47.42 PM.png

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Unless local governments say-so I presume

As long as it does not override or infringe on one of the guaranteed rights.....

Take driving a car, that is not listed in the constitution, so it is a "privilege" and can be regulated or denied. 

Terry P
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Explorer said:

While I am not going to follow your path of "my country is better than your country" pissing contest because I think it is Juvenile or just plain stupid, I have a question for you TerryP, do you have stones and glass houses in the UK?

"Britain Hits Highest COVID-19 Death Rate Per Capita in the World"

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/britain-hits-highest-covid-19-death-rate-capita-world

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 7.47.42 PM.png

I think you might find we are a much more densely populated country than yours by far

Grab yourself a few more graphs with the results in your cities

Explorer
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, TerryP said:

I think you might find we are a much more densely populated country than yours by far

Grab yourself a few more graphs with the results in your cities

Curiously nobody was talking about population density when they were singing praises of the excellent job done by Australia and NZ... But now "it is not our fault, it is our density"...

But wait, population density in the Philippines is much higher than Britain, so according to your "criteria", death rate in the Philippines should be higher... 

Singapore and HK are the most densely populated countries in the globe, should they be somewhere at the top of the list of covid deaths?

Of course, there are many more parameters and considerations that are particular to each country but this is just to show that comparing countries is an exercise in futility, so I will leave it to you to sort out the "bad guys" from the "good guys"...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Explorer said:

Wait a second... so you are not in lockdown, you can go out every day and spend time in crowded supermarkets and that ok, but if I am going to get PCR tested and take a single two and half hour flight to Costa Rica, now I am the bad guy?

I don't know, are you?  I can go our every day and visit the places you mention BUT I have to wear a face mask and a face shield.  Do you do the same? 

And let's get it straight, i never said you or anyone else was a bad guy even if have expressed views which run contrary to that of the majority of us.  

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:popcorn:

I take it you are glued to your seat Jack

Can't wait for the next episode :morning1:

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic