Vaccination Passport

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:facepalm_80_anim_gif: Well Mr Pres will surely now be forced to head in a Positive direction on all this, He has his people getting Duff stuff and maybe he will realize the cheap stuff won't do the Job :whatever:  Give up.jpg as I am going nowhere anytime soon :shake_80_anim_gif:

Fortunately I'm not getting the duff stuff next Saturday. Let's see how this one develops .

Or doesn't

Clermont
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The 43-year-old male patient received two doses of China's Sinopharm vaccine on December 12 last year and on January 2,

3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The 25-year-old female only had one dose of Pfizer's vaccine on January 13. Two doses are needed to achieve the full benefits of most vaccine brands, according to experts.

The Chinese vaccines still haven't got WHO clearance, as for the Pfizer vaccine I'd be looking at the authenticity of the paperwork. :thumbsup:

• Hmm thinking 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/18/2021 at 11:39 PM, hk blues said:

I don't know, are you?  I can go our every day and visit the places you mention BUT I have to wear a face mask and a face shield.  Do you do the same? 

Yes, I always follow the protocols. When I was in Cebu what I saw was that only around 50% properly put their face mask/shield, the other half once they pass the security at the mall or supermarket entrance, the face shield go on top of the head and mask under the nose... Now try to pull it off in Florida, you will immediately requested by store employees, cashiers and even other shoppers to cover your nose! No exceptions.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:39 PM, hk blues said:

And let's get it straight, i never said you or anyone else was a bad guy even if have expressed views which run contrary to that of the majority of us.  

HK, this was not meant particularly to you, I was referring to the many negative responses I received to my suggestion that while Philippines is closed for the foreseeable future, there are other countries that accept tourists, I never asked nobody to break any laws or not follow protocols, the countries that accept tourists, all have their own protocols, PCR test, quarantine, mandatory health insurance, etc.

Edited by Explorer

hk blues
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Yes, I always follow the protocols. When I was in Cebu what I saw was that only around 50% properly put their face mask/shield, the other half once they pass the security at the mall or supermarket entrance, the face shield go on top of the head and mask under the nose... Now try to pull it off in Florida, you will immediately requested by store employees, cashiers and even other shoppers to cover your nose! No exceptions.

I don't know from where came the notion that it is a wild west here and that nobody follow covid protocols and that people shooting each other because of masks. it reminds me of my Filipino neighbor, who at the time of George Floyd death was telling me what a horrible country the US is and that he will never travel there because he was afraid to get shot by the police... Never mind that the Philippines is rated #4 in the world in police brutality, just after Syria...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

HK, this was not meant particularly to you, I was referring to the many negative responses I received to my suggestion that while Philippines is closed for the foreseeable future, there are other countries that accept tourists, I never asked nobody to break any laws or not follow protocols, the countries that accept tourists, all have their own protocols, PCR test, quarantine, mandatory health insurance, etc.

Unfortunately, we are being fed negative news from the US in spades for possibly political reasons and mud sticks.  That said, there is no smoke without fire.  As America sets itself up as the global policeman, leader etc etc it has to be whiter than white and do better than anyone else - it isn't and hasn't been in terms of Covid management.  For balance, neither is the Philippines nor my own country, the UK.

I try not to make snapshot judgements - the UK has gone from zero to hero and may well end up back to zero soon - this is a marathon and not a sprint. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well the rollout of the Pfizer and Astrazeneca vaccines started in Australia today - mainly PR shots etc but it starts tomorrow in reality.  In Queensland I'm going to be categorised into the the third highest priority, over 50 and type 2 diabetic (non-medicated as yet).  So amongst a state population of just over 5 million I can reasonably expect my first jab, of either type, around May with the second dependent on which version of the first I had.

Being married to a filipina, I'm already allowed entry into PI, but depending on airline requirements, government requirements, quarantine with the vaccine, vaccination rates in PI (herd immunity or it's a pointless exercise given that you can still shed when vaccinated) and individual provincial requirements, I'm still no wiser as to when I'll be able to enter without quarantine.  

Airlines, national governments, and provincial authorities all have to to work together for any sort of workable system to be viable; something which the Philippine government doesn't exactly have a great track record with, particularly with changes to immigration and entry and communicating said changes.  

Queensland health site with regards to rollout for those interested:  

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/protect-yourself-others/covid-19-vaccine/rollout

• Like 5

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Airlines, national governments, and provincial authorities all have to to work together for any sort of workable system to be viable; something which the Philippine government doesn't exactly have a great track record with, particularly with changes to immigration and entry and communicating said changes. 

Brett, did you see the vaccination card they were waving about, shorly their not fair dinkum, even blind Freddy could forge that.

As for opening up the tourist trade, I heard along the line, about October/November, just in time for Crissy, herd immunity will be struck in most Western countries and I believe what the Health professors are telling us, not gossip mongers. :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Just announced today

Here in the UK there's a government study in progress about how to implement a vaccine passport. 

It is to be added onto the NHS app we all use now for track and trace

International travel is supposed to be reopened 17th May for tourists

Bit sketchy about timings yet but to run alongside easing of restrictions which are due to be lifted totally in June

Seems like everything could be in place by then for our end. 

Need Philippines to get in gear now

I can hear the negatively arriving and agreed in advance.

They may let us in. Stranger things happen there

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Just announced today

Here in the UK there's a government study in progress about how to implement a vaccine passport. 

It is to be added onto the NHS app we all use now for track and trace

International travel is supposed to be reopened 17th May for tourists

Bit sketchy about timings yet but to run alongside easing of restrictions which are due to be lifted totally in June

Seems like everything could be in place by then for our end. 

Need Philippines to get in gear now

I can hear the negatively arriving and agreed in advance.

They may let us in. Stranger things happen there

Terry, thanks for the information.  I didn't think the UK would open to tourism so soon, although it makes sense being in the top five countries vaccinating their residents.  Yesterday, by coincidence, British Airways sent me a digital voucher for $1,557 for a cancelled flight last year due to the pandemic.  They were steadfast in refusing a cash refund.  Rather than continuing the fight, I accepted the voucher as settlement.

• Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Terry, thanks for the information.  I didn't think the UK would open to tourism so soon, although it makes sense being in the top five countries vaccinating their residents.  Yesterday, by coincidence, British Airways sent me a digital voucher for $1,557 for a cancelled flight last year due to the pandemic.  They were steadfast in refusing a cash refund.  Rather than continuing the fight, I accepted the voucher as settlement.

The international travel they are referring to is not so much allowing tourists in. I suppose that will be on a country by country basis

Currently we are not allowed to leave the UK that's the easing they are referring to

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic