Vaccination Passport

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Australia seems to be following the British path albeit more slowly and cautiously.  The Aussie government have also announced that a digital app will be released which will include proof of vaccination status and which can be used to obtain access to areas that require vaccination for entry such as old age care facilities and certain hospital wards.

Interestingly one of the state governments stated, in no uncertain terms, that private business will be able to use the app as a condition of entry to their premises.

I'm hoping that these types of changes will lead to a gradual opening up in travel restrictions as vaccination becomes more widespread.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, TerryP said:

The international travel they are referring to is not so much allowing tourists in. I suppose that will be on a country by country basis

Currently we are not allowed to leave the UK that's the easing they are referring to

The airlines may argue UK tourism has to be outbound and inbound.  It makes no sense flying aircrafts empty one way.  I remember buying $99 round trip tickets from Honolulu to Vancouver before Christmas because the Canadians were going the opposite direction.  For Honolulu residents, it was cheaper to fly to British Columbia than an outer island.

The appointment for our 2nd vaccine shot is March 7th.  My wife and I are looking forward to restart our travels by early April.  So far, announcements from various countries have been confusing and contradictory as to when they plan to reopen for travelers.  I find it particularly difficult following pronouncements being made by Philippine government officials who keep changing their minds and rules.

There are strong indications many governments want tourists returning by July even if the numbers are small at the beginning.  I want it sooner.  Today's newspapers report that Cancun, Mexico is booming.  No testing, no quarantine requirements.  Even Turkish Airlines started flights to this tourist destination from Istanbul.

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

The airlines may argue UK tourism has to be outbound and inbound.  It makes no sense flying aircrafts empty one way.  I remember buying $99 round trip tickets from Honolulu to Vancouver before Christmas because the Canadians were going the opposite direction.  For Honolulu residents, it was cheaper to fly to British Columbia than an outer island.

The appointment for our 2nd vaccine shot is March 7th.  My wife and I are looking forward to restart our travels by early April.  So far, announcements from various countries have been confusing and contradictory as to when they plan to reopen for travelers.  I find it particularly difficult following pronouncements being made by Philippine government officials who keep changing their minds and rules.

There are strong indications many governments want tourists returning by July even if the numbers are small at the beginning.  I want it sooner.  Today's newspapers report that Cancun, Mexico is booming.  No testing, no quarantine requirements.  Even Turkish Airlines started flights to this tourist destination from Istanbul.

The point I'm making JJ is it'll allow UK citizens to holiday in select countries depending on their covid rates.

Likewise for visitors to the UK

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

The point I'm making JJ is it'll allow UK citizens to holiday in select countries depending on their covid rates.

Likewise for visitors to the UK

Got it.  This will be similar to the Israel-Greece agreement allowing residents from both countries to vacation provided they have been vaccinated plus two weeks.  

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, JJReyes said:

Got it.  This will be similar to the Israel-Greece agreement allowing residents from both countries to vacation provided they have been vaccinated plus two weeks.  

Let look at some facts please, airports are closed in Israel, 50% of the pop. are vaccinated but infection rate is UP, new lock down is planned, third vaccine dose is being tested, hold your horses...

"Fears are rising that Israel may be facing a new wave of infection even before the first one dissipates."

"According to a report by the Coronavirus Knowledge and Information Center on Friday morning, the reproduction rate – the R or number of people a sick person infects – has hit 0.97, up from 0.93 the day before."

"The declining trend in morbidity has nearly halted, the report said, likely largely because of the British variant"

"Pfizer-BioNTech Announces They Will Test a Third Dose of Their COVID-19 Vaccine"

"But as new variants of the COVID-19 virus start circulating, questions about how well authorized vaccines can still thwart the virus have become more urgent."

https://time.com/5942219/pfizer-third-dose-covid-19-vaccine/

Edited by Explorer
  • Sad 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Explorer said:

"Fears are rising that Israel may be facing a new wave of infection even before the first one dissipates."

The feared new wave of infection is within the Palestinian population who so far have not received vaccinations except for limited donations.  If you read between the lines, Israel wants COVAC or some other international foundation to pay for it.  One of the Middle East oil countries, for example, is paying for everyone's vaccination in The Seychelles. 

47 minutes ago, Explorer said:

"Pfizer-BioNTech Announces They Will Test a Third Dose of Their COVID-19 Vaccine"

Speculative.  Two jabs work.  Maybe three jabs are better.  Maybe.

50 minutes ago, Explorer said:

"But as new variants of the COVID-19 virus start circulating, questions about how well authorized vaccines can still thwart the virus have become more urgent."

Speculative.  Everyone including so-called experts want to be in the news.  The important thing is to get as many people vaccinated as soon as possible.  We can look at the data later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

The feared new wave of infection is within the Palestinian population who so far have not received vaccinations except for limited donations.  If you read between the lines, Israel wants COVAC or some other international foundation to pay for it. 

This is false.

Palestinians in Gaza, under the control of Hamas, are NOT included in Israel Statistics.

Palestinians in the West Bank, under the control of the Palestinian Authority, are NOT included in Israel Statistics.

Palestinians living in Israel, who are Israeli citizens, are getting the same vaccine like everybody else, no COVAC donations, please stop the BS.

Here the statistics for Palestinians (outside of Israel) -

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/state-of-palestine/

Edited by Explorer

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Explorer said:

This is false.

Palestinians in Gaza, under the control of Hamas, are NOT included in Israel Statistics.

Palestinians in the West Bank, under the control of the Palestinian Authority, are NOT included in Israel Statistics.

Palestinians living in Israel, who are Israeli citizens, are getting the same vaccine like everybody else, no COVAC donations, please stop the BS.

I won't argue.  The bottom line is my wife and I will be fully vaccinated (2 jabs plus 2 weeks) by March.  This will permit us to return to full time traveling since, according to the Israeli data on the Pfizer vaccine, the possibility of serious illness and death from Covid 19 is reduced by 98.9%.  Philippines was my initial choice as a travel destination, but the entry rules remain complicate.  Maybe sometime during the second half of 2021.  In the meantime, my focus has shifted to finding another country. 

• Like 3

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Explorer said:

This is false.

I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that just about every single respected authority in the world are giving positive feedback with regard to the Vaccines and you are unable to recognise these facts.

Rather you trawl every obscure part of the internet to find the smallest amount of negativity you possibly can

Can you not just give us the positive spin on your opinions rather than trying to belittle the statements of every legitimate authority on the subject

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Explorer said:

This is false.

Cappa got the arse for less, if you don't agree skip the topic and read on. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic