Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, TerryP said:

Rather you trawl every obscure part of the internet to find the smallest amount of negativity you possibly can

Obscure part of the internet? I quoted the Time Magazine... :computerrage_40_anim_gif:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the old sayings go "A Rose by any other name would smell as good" and "A difference that makes no difference is no difference" 

The idea behind a vaccine or health passport is to provide information about your medical status.  In exchange, you are given permission to once again visit shopping malls; enjoy entertainment venues;

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Explorer said:

Obscure part of the internet? I quoted the Time Magazine... :computerrage_40_anim_gif:

Who's a clever boy then

Go to the head of the class

Teachers got you a lollipop

Link to post
Share on other sites

:89: Well I am confused a Little, What the F...k has the situation in Israel or Palestine got to do with people wanting to get into/ back to the Philippines. If they have a problem let them sort it out, For me and I think many more, it is what is happening here that matters or am I just Thinking aloud? :mellow:

 

BTW Folks,I have a confession to make. Sometimes, I fake my sarcasm.

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Well I am confused a Little, What the F...k has the situation in Israel or Palestine got to do with people wanting to get into/ back to the Philippines. If they have a problem let them sort it out, For me and I think many more, it is what is happening here that matters or am I just Thinking aloud? :mellow:

 

BTW Folks,I have a confession to make. Sometimes, I fake my sarcasm.

Israel was included in this topic because they are ahead of everyone in vaccinating citizens and the government is eager to reopen their country to visitors, assuming said visitor has received full vaccination (2 jabs and 2 weeks).  The start date could be as early as this July.  Israel and Greece already have a digital vaccination passport.  Others, including private industry, are developing similar paper or digital platforms.  Whoever gets their program widely accepted makes a lot of money.

In lieu of quarantine, I was hoping the Philippines would consider proof of full vaccination as a substitute.  Our retirement dollars would be spent there instead of another country.  

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 11:53 AM, JJReyes said:

Philippines was my initial choice as a travel destination, but the entry rules remain complicate.  Maybe sometime during the second half of 2021.  In the meantime, my focus has shifted to finding another country. 

Make sense, what I found kind of amusing is that awhile ago I made a similar post, commenting that since the PH is closed for tourism for the foreseeable future, other countries like Costa Rica are opening and are an option as travel destination, I got slammed for this post, "how dare you travel?", literally accused of killing seniors... On the other hand, for your post, none of the "usual suspects" rushed to criticize you, your post even got two "likes"... :computerrage_40_anim_gif:

Edited by Explorer
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

Make sense, what I found kind of amusing is that awhile ago I made a similar post, commenting that since the PH is closed for tourism for the foreseeable future, other countries like Costa Rica are opening and are an option as travel destination, I got slammed for this post, "how dare you travel?", literally accused of killing seniors... On the other hand, for your post, none of the "usual suspects" rushed to criticize you, your post even got two "likes"... :computerrage_40_anim_gif:

The estimate for the Philippines is more than 5 million visitor industry jobs disappeared due to the pandemic.  This does not include OFWs who worked in cruise ships and global resorts.  Most recent government pronouncements indicate some easing to revive local travel.  One proposal, starting in a few days, is for provinces to eliminate quarantine and testing requirements.  The question is, "What about inbound international travelers?"  Few would agree to a 7 to 21 days quarantine period when they have only a two weeks vacation.  In my opinion, one solution is to permit those who have already been vaccinated ease of entry.  We would still abide by other requirements such as face mask, face shield, social distance, use of hand sanitizers, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
53 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Most recent government pronouncements indicate some easing to revive local travel.

It is good news............IF destination resorts will also allow visitors to check-in without a test. If so we are out the door and on our way to our favorite local resort in a heartbeat. But the article only mentions "travelers"

57 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

one solution is to permit those who have already been vaccinated ease of entry.

That will be awhile JJ, If I understand right, being vaccinated is not a guarantee that you might not be a carrier. Just that you will not get seriously ill (and be a burden on a countries health care system). So I expect port of entry quarantines to continue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

It is good news............IF destination resorts will also allow visitors to check-in without a test. If so we are out the door and on our way to our favorite local resort in a heartbeat. But the article only mentions "travelers"

That will be awhile JJ, If I understand right, being vaccinated is not a guarantee that you might not be a carrier. Just that you will not get seriously ill (and be a burden on a countries health care system). So I expect port of entry quarantines to continue.

Hi Scott,

I believe the recommended easing is for Philippines in-country residents.  So you can travel to a visitor destination like Boracay.  Restriction on international arrivals remain the same at this time.

Health authorities and pandemic researchers do not know if someone vaccinated can be a coronavirus carrier.  As a precaution, the recommendation in the United States is continued use of masks, social distancing, hand washing, etc.  Once verifiable data is available, the situation may change.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
3 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

So you can travel to a visitor destination like Boracay.

I hope and pray your right JJ, I already sent a message to our fav resort to see if we are correct in our thinking. I will let you know. (after we get back:hystery:

4 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

As a precaution, the recommendation in the United States is continued use of masks, social distancing, hand washing, etc.

Yes, but remember where we are. The Phil already has the world longest lockdown. It was just announced today that MM will remain under Gcq for another month.

My wife has a theory. That once Filipinos get power, they are reluctant to let it go so that they remain king log. Your a Filipino, what is your take on that? I know our mayor has had hid pik in the paper more in the last year than in the previous 7 :89:

Link to post
Share on other sites

:hystery: Well for me, those that want to go live somewhere other than here ( at least 2 don't) just go and leave us to discuss what happens here ( cos it is where we are,) Sounds like people shouting the Odds about leaving the Forum, Why shout, just leave :whistling: Want to live in a another Country, for me just Do It and be done EH? :tiphat:

 

Edited by Jack Peterson
grammar
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...