Vaccination Passport

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

This just announced for internal travel within PI.  It's still up to individual LGUs (local government units) but we'll see... 

New Rules.jpg

Edited by BrettGC
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I hope and pray your right JJ, I already sent a message to our fav resort to see if we are correct in our thinking.

Certainly for the past week Boracay has been advertised as open for business for residents - it's been extensively advertised on Cignal TV. There are protocols in place.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Certainly for the past week Boracay has been advertised as open for business for residents

my question would be, how many residents of boracay surrounding areas can afford to stay at those resorts? Sad or not, all the money is in Manila

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The following notice is posted on the Philippine Airlines website.  I don't know if this is true, merely non-updated information or limited to Philippine Airlines partner hotels.  But it's a definite deal breaker.  My wife and I would need to pay for two rooms during the quarantine period.

In compliance with Philippine regulations, only one person is allowed per room, except for the following:

• Families with minor children below 18 years old (if the traveling family has two or more adult members, only one adult can stay with the minor children)
  • A Person With Disability (PWD) and his/her companion (only one adult companion is allowed)
  • Travelers with medical emergencies

Engaged and married travelers are not allowed to stay together in one hotel room. A waiver for special cases is available upon arrival for other exemptions not stated above, subject to approval of the Philippine Bureau of Quarantine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

The following notice is posted on the Philippine Airlines website.  I don't know if this is true, merely non-updated information or limited to Philippine Airlines partner hotels.  But it's a definite deal breaker.  My wife and I would need to pay for two rooms during the quarantine period.

In compliance with Philippine regulations, only one person is allowed per room, except for the following:

• Families with minor children below 18 years old (if the traveling family has two or more adult members, only one adult can stay with the minor children)
  • A Person With Disability (PWD) and his/her companion (only one adult companion is allowed)
  • Travelers with medical emergencies

Engaged and married travelers are not allowed to stay together in one hotel room. A waiver for special cases is available upon arrival for other exemptions not stated above, subject to approval of the Philippine Bureau of Quarantine.

It's been like that since January

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, scott h said:

my question would be, how many residents of boracay surrounding areas can afford to stay at those resorts? Sad or not, all the money is in Manila

Boracay is about  a 4-hour drive from Iloilo - it's a very popular destination for locals in Iloilo.  I'm sure a high percentage of domestic visitors are from the Iloilo area.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Plans for travel to the Philippines have been set aside.  My wife and I have agreed on Ecuador for April, May and June.  The only government requirement is a negative Covid-19 test within 10 days of arrival.  4-Star and 5-Star hotels are reasonably priced at less than $100 including breakfast.  Currency is easy since it is in United States dollars.

There are 28 other countries listed by CNN Travel that already welcome American visitors.  Entry requirements range from none; to a negative Covid-19 test prior to arrival; to proof of vaccination.  Other countries may reopen as their residents receive the vaccine.  There are options for the summer months.

If the Philippines becomes more reasonable about their entry and domestic travel requirements, we might be there towards Christmas to spend six months.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

My wife and I have agreed on Ecuador

Glad to see you are going to start resuming life as best you can JJ. Hope we will be able to start doing so also.

My personal first priority on selecting a destination however would be, not the ease of going there. But, if the worst should happen and we get the virus, what is the state of the health care system in that country. 

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Glad to see you are going to start resuming life as best you can JJ. Hope we will be able to start doing so also.

My personal first priority on selecting a destination however would be, not the ease of going there. But, if the worst should happen and we get the virus, what is the state of the health care system in that country. 

Scott, thank you for your concern.  Ecuador purchased 2 million Covid-19 Sinovac vaccines with the first one million arriving in March.  The second one million is expected in April.  A little scandal after an earlier shipment of Pfizer vaccine went to several wealthy and connected individuals.  Ecuador's Health Minister was forced to resign.  Other vaccines are on order.  The population is about 18 million so distribution is less problematic than the Philippines with 100 million.  
My wife and I will get our second Pfizer jab this Sunday giving us greater protection.  Ecuador's health system is similar to the Philippines.  You can get the best if you are willing to pay.  We have global medical insurance.

By the way, the Philippines is permitting private importation of vaccines.  The example given was San Miguel Corporation's order for their employees.  Top tiered hospitals will probably do the same.  How much?  The manufacturer's price per dose is around $10, so 2 jabs will possibly retail at PHP 5,000 to PHP 12,000.  Both the US and UK governments announced they won't pay the vaccination cost for their citizens who are overseas.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 3/2/2021 at 1:21 AM, JJReyes said:

Both the US and UK governments announced they won't pay the vaccination cost for their citizens who are overseas.

Digressing slightly, but why should they?

Responsibility lies on each Expat/ Traveller, to have medical cover either temporarily or otherwise.

Vaccination has always been advised in the past when travelling to certain areas or countries.

For those in permanent residence, this is a choice they have to make.

£200 is worth spending to remain fairly confident you would survive the virus, where  you choose to live.

It's selfish people like below who are not helping the situation. ( From my part of the world )

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Covid Wirral pair fined over Dubai quarantine breach.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic