Vaccination Passport

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Digressing slightly, but why should they?

Responsibility lies on each Expat/ Traveller, to have medical cover either temporarily or otherwise.

Vaccination has always been advised in the past when travelling to certain areas or countries.

For those in permanent residence, this is a choice they have to make.

£200 is worth spending to remain fairly confident you would survive the virus, where  you choose to live.

It's selfish people like below who are not helping the situation. ( From my part of the world )

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Covid Wirral pair fined over Dubai quarantine breach.png

Similar incidents in the United States.  A couple arrived in Honolulu and they were told to driver straight to the hotel for quarantine.  Instead, they went to a beach to spend a few hours.  The police were waiting for them at reception to take them to the airport for a flight home.

Two middle age ladies were caught dressing like grandmothers to get vaccines reserved for seniors.  Medical staff got suspicious and called for the police.  It was actually for their 2nd shot, so they got away the first time.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Update on the Vaccination Passport.

The International Air Transport Association, the global trade association with 290 airlines as members, announced the IATA Travel Pass.  The launch is March 2021 with around 30 international airlines participating in the pilot program.  It is a free-to-use mobile app available through the iOS and Android stores.  Each country can add what is needed to validate and authenticate entry requirements.  Documents may include pre-arrival Covid-19 tests; vaccinations; health certificates; etc.  IATA's aim is to provide governments with the confidence to reopen borders without imposing quarantines on incoming travelers.

We got our second Pfizer Covid vaccine jab this morning at the hospital.  I asked the medical staff if they will give us additional paperwork aside from a CDC vaccination record card.  The answer is, "No."  My assumption is our digital format medical records should reflect the two jabs and dates given.  Hopefully, the Philippines will participate with the IATA Travel Pass.  And sooner rather than later.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
robert k
Posted
Posted
On 2/18/2021 at 4:39 PM, TerryP said:

Yes you are the "bad guys" the USA had the highest infection rate in the world and still has. That's due to not putting safety protocols in place in the first place by your government and now they are being introduced there are too many ignoring them. In addition many refusing vaccination doesn't help either

If Costa Rica allows you entry with a PCR test that's their decision

Why should another country allow you to freely travel there or indeed you be allowed on a plane without proving you're not contagious

What HK is referring to is a local decision or even national decision due to the case numbers.

Are you blaming Fauci for originally saying the general public shouldn't wear masks?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, robert k said:

Are you blaming Fauci for originally saying the general public shouldn't wear masks?

To be fair, Fauci initially advised people not to wear masks as he was concerned there was not enough PPE available for the high risk health workers.  As always, context is important. 

• Like 2

Explorer
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, Fauci initially advised people not to wear masks as he was concerned there was not enough PPE available for the high risk health workers.  As always, context is important. 

Roll the tape, I did not hear any concerns about not enough PPE...

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Fauci? Is that the plural for faucet

I think we call them taps over here

We drink water from them

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I see. Putting the general populace at greater risk is acceptable Vs. people who know the risk? How many lives were lost over this lie?

robert k
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Fauci? Is that the plural for faucet

I think we call them taps over here

We drink water from them

You probably would drink from this Fauci ; )

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Roll the tape

Clear, consise and well done.  Point taken.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic