Vaccination Passport

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Masks are not rocket science, we have known about them and been using them for probably a century. Fauci didn't increase his knowledge of masks in the past year which is about the only thing that would excuse what he said. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, robert k said:

Masks are not rocket science, we have known about them and been using them for probably a century. Fauci didn't increase his knowledge of masks in the past year which is about the only thing that would excuse what he said. 

I was surprised when his comments were originally reported but when the clarification was made they seemed to make sense after all.  

He either got it very, very wrong at the outset or he was guilty of not being specific enough.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt given the strain he would've been under at that time.  

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I was surprised when his comments were originally reported but when the clarification was made they seemed to make sense after all.  

He either got it very, very wrong at the outset or he was guilty of not being specific enough.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt given the strain he would've been under at that time.  

What strain would that be? I didn't see anything time critical. He's a bureaucrat, not a front line responder.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, robert k said:

What strain would that be? I didn't see anything time critical. He's a bureaucrat, not a front line responder.

He's Director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the Chief Medical Advisor to the President - no pressure there then, especially when in the midst of a pandemic.  

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

He's Director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the Chief Medical Advisor to the President - no pressure there then, especially when in the midst of a pandemic.  

Like i said a bureaucrat. He isn't in danger of dying. Why would he say that? Why would he say it's okay to hook up with and bang strangers? Why would he waffle on the subject of double masking? he should know that wearing a mask lowers your oxygen levels, double masking adds almost no more protection but would drop your oxygen levels even more. Why would he go to baseball games, not social distance and wear his mask below his nose? Stress made him do all those also? If so, he's been in the wrong job too long. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

BTW - Dr. Anthony Fauci has won a top international prize given by a private Israeli foundation.   The award is the $1 million Dan David Prize for his defense of science and advocacy of COVID-19 vaccinations now being used worldwide.  I wonder how many of his critics have received a similar honor.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

defense of science

Scientists giving scientists awards and recognition? Because they are getting criticized?

Sorry, but that is sort of like Sadam Hussein lauding Idi Amin....:hystery:

Personally I think Faucci did a good job in a bad situation, but I will make up my own mind and not be swayed by a foundation :thumbsup:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

Scientists giving scientists awards and recognition? Because they are getting criticized?

Sorry, but that is sort of like Sadam Hussein lauding Idi Amin....:hystery:

Personally I think Faucci did a good job in a bad situation, but I will make up my own mind and not be swayed by a foundation :thumbsup:

I don't care about the award.  But $1 million sounds pretty good to me.  Best to quit and enjoy life at his age.  Instead, because of all the criticism, Fauci, his wife and daughters now require security.  My advise is to retire, write a book and make a few more millions.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Fauci, his wife and daughters now require security.

I find that is common these days.  The health minister where I live also gets followed around and threatened.  It seems that people with an opinion are much more forceful with it than in the past.  Few people will tolerate an opinion that differs from their own.  Its sad, really.  I blame it all on Google.  Too many instant ex-spurts.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

The internet:

Pro: People have access to far more information than ever before. 

Con:  People tend to cling to anything that agrees with their stance, right or wrong, without the benefit of critical thinking or facts.  This is sometimes referred to as wilful ignorance. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic