Vaccination Passport

Terry P
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Of course, we can leave it to the WHO to identify and implement a universal approach, can't we? :whistling:

Sarcasm contest I presume

Explorer
Posted
Posted
On 2/8/2021 at 8:49 AM, Guy F. said:

I share that hope. If travel restrictions in the Philippines are not largely eliminated for vaccinated people by the end of this year I will start thinking about packing up my balls and bat and going home.

Don't hold your breath... Remember "15 days to slow the spread"? After 2 years in the Philippines I threw the towel last November and made my exit. I saw the writing on the wall with the endless lock downs extensions and the "safety first" mentality. With the new virus variants/strains some say restrictions will be till 2024... Anyway, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and Colombia are looking better every day (for those of us who are singles, with no commitments in the Philippines and of course healthy).

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Explorer said:

Don't hold your breath... Remember "15 days to slow the spread"? After 2 years in the Philippines I threw the towel last November and made my exit. I saw the writing on the wall with the endless lock downs extensions and the "safety first" mentality. With the new virus variants/strains some say restrictions will be till 2024... Anyway, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and Colombia are looking better every day (for those of us who are singles, with no commitments in the Philippines and of course healthy).

I guess I could always throw in the towel too and go back to the UK.  Oh, wait a moment...

The Philippines is not alone in having ongoing restrictions and, al least in my area, such restrictions are really not impacting me much at all and certainly much, much less than the restrictions I'd face in the UK now.  

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I guess I could always throw in the towel too and go back to the UK.  Oh, wait a moment...

The Philippines is not alone in having ongoing restrictions and, al least in my area, such restrictions are really not impacting me much at all and certainly much, much less than the restrictions I'd face in the UK now.  

Sounds like the viruses satnav isn't working right HK. It hasn't discovered most of central America. Either that or there's some kind of invisible barrier preventing it's entry

• Haha 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

I am not from the UK so I cannot comment about the restrictions over there, also I was answering Guy, who I believe is not from the UK. All I know is that where I am now, restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters are open, I can travel freely, no mask/shield when outside, no police checkpoints, etc. So for me, leaving the Philippines at this point in time was blessing, I love my freedom! So HK, if the restrictions are not impacting you, good for you! But it is clear that many are discouraged by the prospect of ongoing and future lock downs.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Explorer said:

I am not from the UK so I cannot comment about the restrictions over there, also I was answering Guy, who I believe is not from the UK. All I know is that where I am now, restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters are open, I can travel freely, no mask/shield when outside, no police checkpoints, etc. So for me, leaving the Philippines at this point in time was blessing, I love my freedom! So HK, if the restrictions are not impacting you, good for you! But it is clear that many are discouraged by the prospect of ongoing and future lock downs.

Same here in Big Wonderful Wyoming. The governor issued a mask mandate after resisting it for a long time, but it isn't enforced. Free Dumb!

I'd hate to give up my Winter Palace in Bohol, but I couldn't tolerate the existing restrictions. Even though I'm vaccinated I could tolerate mask wearing indoors or in crowded outdoor situations. I could not tolerate quarantines or ridiculous rules like wearing masks in cars with only family. If the current regulations persist beyond the end of this year we will start trying to sell the Palace. Whoever we sell it to probably will not be as generous as we are toward the locals.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

:facepalm_80_anim_gif:  Forgive my Doom and Gloom guy's

Do you really think you are safe from any of the variants  when you step on plane or visit shopping malls without wearing a mask or social distancing ?

Until everyone is given the opportunity to be vaccinated this Covid could continue spreading for years, not weeks nor months, for year's.

I noticed a couple of days ago a news item in Melboune to do with the tennis.

People wearing masks entering the venue but when the reporter inside was talking, in the back ground was spectators chatting away to each other in the sunshine, no masks on.

Point being, all the Tennis Players had just been quarantined for days in their hotel

Come on lets get real.

• Like 4

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Restrictions started for me the day I got married :571c66d400c8c_1(103):  The new ones pale in comparison :7481:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Explorer said:

Your location says USA.   The "freedom" you are referring to (lack of lockdowns & precautions" is almost certainly the reason the USA has the highest number of cases and fatalities of any country on the planet.  Four percent of the population and 25 percent of cases, 20+ percent of deaths.  You read in the US news on a daily basis about someone getting beaten, stabbed, or even shot over an argument and refusal to wear masks.  The mentality of some in the USA seems to be "my freedom is more important than other's lives".  I do not plan on visiting the US any time soon.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Do you really think you are safe from any of the variants  when you step on plane or visit shopping malls without wearing a mask or social distancing ?

John, wearing a mask is to protect other people, not the person wearing a mask.

That's why everyone needs to wear one. :tiphat:

Edited by jimeve
added information.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic