Vaccination Passport

Terry P
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Explorer said:

I am not from the UK so I cannot comment about the restrictions over there, also I was answering Guy, who I believe is not from the UK. All I know is that where I am now, restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters are open, I can travel freely, no mask/shield when outside, no police checkpoints, etc. So for me, leaving the Philippines at this point in time was blessing, I love my freedom! So HK, if the restrictions are not impacting you, good for you! But it is clear that many are discouraged by the prospect of ongoing and future lock downs.

Apparently there's a problem buying pork in the Philippines right now

Seems there's a problem educating it also

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Your location says USA.   The "freedom" you are referring to (lack of lockdowns & precautions" is almost certainly the reason the USA has the highest number of cases and fatalities of any country on the planet.  Four percent of the population and 25 percent of cases, 20+ percent of deaths.  You read in the US news on a daily basis about someone getting beaten, stabbed, or even shot over an argument and refusal to wear masks.  The mentality of some in the USA seems to be "my freedom is more important than other's lives".  I do not plan on visiting the US any time soon.   

Don't know... Been here is south florida for almost 5 months and never seen or heard about anybody getting beaten, stabbed or shot over an argument and refusal to wear masks... Maybe I am living a sheltered life or maybe I am just not living in the hood...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Explorer said:

I am not from the UK so I cannot comment about the restrictions over there, also I was answering Guy, who I believe is not from the UK. All I know is that where I am now, restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters are open, I can travel freely, no mask/shield when outside, no police checkpoints, etc. So for me, leaving the Philippines at this point in time was blessing, I love my freedom! So HK, if the restrictions are not impacting you, good for you! But it is clear that many are discouraged by the prospect of ongoing and future lock downs.

Florida's 1.8m cases and 28,500 deaths seems a rather hefty price to pay for your freedom. Explorer.

Honestly speaking, I can't really get my head around the attitude that life can and should go on as normal in the middle of a pandemic which is hitting your own state hard.  Don't you think the lack of restrictions in your own area are contributing to the huge number of cases?

• Like 3
  • I'm Confused 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Florida's 1.8m cases and 28,500 deaths seems a rather hefty price to pay for your freedom. Explorer.

Honestly speaking, I can't really get my head around the attitude that life can and should go on as normal in the middle of a pandemic which is hitting your own state hard.  Don't you think the lack of restrictions in your own area are contributing to the huge number of cases?

So now you are blaming me for 28,500 deaths? :shock_40_anim_gif:

There is a reason why Florida is called "God's waiting room", many come to spend the rest of their life here, majority of the deaths are in their 80s in senior communities or nursing homes.

If you enjoy your restrictions, so be it, just remember, the virus (and its variants) is not going away, so be ready to spend years in lock downs. I will live my life as free as I can, so spare me your condescending attitude.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

There is a reason why Florida is called "God's waiting room", many come to spend the rest of their life here, majority of the deaths are in their 80s in senior communities or nursing homes.

If you enjoy your restrictions, so be it, just remember, the virus (and its variants) is not going away, so be ready to spend years in lock downs. I will live my life as free as I can, so spare me your condescending attitude.

Not you personally, "your" as in the general population.  Obviously. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Again, we aren't in a lockdown here and I don't know why you keep trying to perpetuate that myth :89: 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/12/2021 at 3:37 AM, Explorer said:

With the new virus variants/strains some say restrictions will be till 2024... Anyway, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and Colombia are looking better every day (for those of us who are singles, with no commitments in the Philippines and of course healthy).

:89:  Make sure you wear your mask on the plane.

Do you believe that being healthy stops you getting any of the Covid viruses?

Are the Countries you mention free from Covid?

Yes older people are more likely to die from Covid that's true, however some people who are walking round not realising they have it in a mild form are infecting many others of all ages.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Explorer said:

You can skew statistics round to suit your agenda as much as you like. Anyone with half a brain can do that and find a following of selfish like-minded halfwits.

"God's waiting room" is a totally inappropriate comment. Your attitude appears to be they no longer serve a purpose therefore are expendable so you can enjoy your freedom. These are human beings living out the rest of their days after having earned that privelige in as pleasurable way as they are able. I wonder how many would still be alive were it not for this virus.

Lockdowns and restrictions will be extended as long as it takes to get this horrible disease under control. That to a certain extent depends upon the attitude and amount of idiots who are not prepared to accept they are necessary.

I truly hope when this is under control myself personally can travel freely having taken the advice of experts not cranks. That lot can be marginalised along with their sheep who follow. That would be true justice

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Update on the topic Vaccination Passport

The International Air Transport Association will begin testing next month a mobile app called Travel Pass.  Likely first users include Middle East airlines Etihad Airways and Emirates.  Both air carriers claim their crews have been vaccinated and plan to require the same for their passengers.  Qantas maybe next to join.  

CommonPass is already in trial use by United and Cathay Pacific for flights between New York, London, Singapore and Hong Kong. The program operates through Apple.  For Android phones, it is called CommonHealth.  The app functions as a scannable QR code that holds a passenger’s test data or vaccine documentation as well as travel plans. 

Israel and Greece signed a "Covid-19 Vaccine Passport for Travel" agreement.  Called a "Green Passport," it will allow their citizens vaccinated against Covid-19 to visit without restrictions such as quarantine.  Israel has already given at least the first vaccine dose to 60% of their adult population.  Greece is heavily depended on tourism and they would like the EU to adopt a common vaccination certificate.  Greece is hoping to set the example per their agreement with Israel.

Denmark, with a population of under six million people, is one of the most efficient vaccination distributors in Europe.  The country expects all eligible citizens to complete their immunization by June.  The government may open up borders for Covid-immune travelers from overseas even earlier (April or May) and they are encouraging other European Union members to follow.

• Like 3

Explorer
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Kuya John said:

:89:  Make sure you wear your mask on the plane.

Do you believe that being healthy stops you getting any of the Covid viruses?

I have been to 9 round trip flights in 2020, first 4 trips in January/February in the Philippines, nobody was using masks at that time... Later flights all with masks on crowded airplanes, still alive...

Yes, I can get covid but with 99.7% survival rate I will take my chances, whatever not kill you will make you stronger... I will not fall to MSM induced mass panic...

For more information, just research "Hygiene hypothesis"

"Many parents believe that their children must be kept in an environment that is as clean as possible, but some research suggests that being exposed to what many would call unclean conditions is good for a child's immune system. Research has indicated that children who are kept in very clean environments have a higher rate of hay fever, asthma and a wide range of other conditions. This is what is called the hygiene hypothesis."

https://www.livescience.com/54078-hygiene-hypothesis.html

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic