Vaccination Passport

Explorer
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, RBM said:

For sure its a major inconvenience for us all, if it saves even one senior its IMHO a price worth paying.

"if iT SAVeS eVEN ONE SeNIOr its IMHO A prICe WORTh PayINg"... Do you really believe this crap?

Per statistics the majority of fatal car accidents occurs when speed is over 40 MPH, just imagine how many senior lives can be saved by reducing the speed limit to 35 MPH...

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

"if iT SAVeS eVEN ONE SeNIOr its IMHO A prICe WORTh PayINg"... Do you really believe this crap?

Per statistics the majority of fatal car accidents occurs when speed is over 40 MPH, just imagine how many senior lives can be saved by reducing the speed limit to 35 MPH...

Are you on a windup?

You've been coming out with bullshit for weeks now. And it's becoming more ridiculous with every post.

Put your keyboard away and give your head a shake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Another Vaccination Passport Update

Israel and Cyprus announced a new tourism agreement.  Starting April 1, citizens who have been vaccinated against the coronavirus will be allowed to travel between countries without the need for PCR tests and quarantine.  Israel and Greece signed a similar agreement last week.

The significance for the Philippines is having an existing program to use as an example to copy.  Allowing vaccinated international visitors entry is one way to revive tourism.  While my wife and I can already enter under the Balikbayan program, we want to avoid the hassle of testing and quarantine.

• Like 4

Explorer
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I am compelled to fight ignorance. I don't expect to change Explorer's mind, but others reading this thread could benefit.

My daughter and her boyfriend got the 'rona before Christmas. They both had mild symptoms and were better after only a few days, but he has lost his sense of smell and she doesn't have the energy she had previously.

With all due respect and I am not trying to diminish your daughter and her boyfriend issues but it was known, long before covid, that people recovering from flu and even common cold can have lingering long term side effects, I will not bother you with links but you can do your own search.

"Post-viral syndrome, or post-viral fatigue, refers to a sense of tiredness and weakness that lingers after a person has fought off a viral infection. It can arise even after common infections, such as the flu. People may experience post-viral symptoms, such as fatigue, for weeks or months after fighting off the infection"

Other possible serious complications triggered by flu can include inflammation of the heart (myocarditis), brain (encephalitis) or muscle (myositis, rhabdomyolysis) tissues, and multi-organ failure (for example, respiratory and kidney failure).

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I won't be responding to Explorer any more. In my humble opinion he's doing this just to provoke a reaction.

Saw where the Governor of Bohol is trying to standardize travel rule and quarantine procedure throughout the province. This is very worthy goal, as it is a chaotic and tremendously inconvenient patchwork currently. He's getting opposition from mayors of lesser municipalities.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Explorer said:

This forum does not tolerate trolls or people trying to stir up trouble.  Your recent posts are crossing that line.  Consider this your "official" warning. 

• Thanks 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, TerryP said:

Are you on a windup?

You've been coming out with bullshit for weeks now. And it's becoming more ridiculous with every post.

Put your keyboard away and give your head a shake.

Think if he shook his head all the alcohol would spill out.......

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

This forum does not tolerate trolls or people trying to stir up trouble.  Your recent posts are crossing that line.  Consider this your "official" warning. 

Well said that man👍

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Explorer said:

Better still, let's ban cars altogether and reduce casualities to zero! 

Joking apart, everything has to achieve a balance between cost/benefit and it takes decades to arrive at that balance. We are 1 year into this pandemic and are still feeling our way around how to manage it - and manage is the word because we won't eradicate it. Sure, some draconian measures are in place in some places but, in time, we'll achieve that balance.

Politicians are masters of self-preservation and thus i tend to believe they're able to gauge the mood of the nation over time and will get the restructions right.

I respect your right to believe there has been a major over reaction by many, but at the same time I recogni9 we are in a pandemic which is claiming lives and impacting health of so, so many people that it deserves some form of respect too.

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/13/2021 at 7:58 PM, GeoffH said:

You will I expect shortly be faced with a choice between vaccination and not flying, and I'm ok with that.

It is of course your right to refuse a vaccination but it is equally the right of the airlines to require it for entry to their private places of business.

Maybe you did not notice but the app that IATA is developing for air travel is not called "Vaccination passport",  they named it "Travel Pass". Why? I will let you figure it out...

Edited by Explorer

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic