Query to British Embassy Manila re vaccinations for British citizens.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would Agree HK but let's remember where we are and what is thought of us when it suits Over 580 mil  For Vaccine sent from the UK and we are not on any List, Let us all think on this :whistling:

Yep Jack, I am under no illusions about where we will be in any line for vaccines here.  That said, the principle has to be all residents be vaccinated or what's the point - until we're all safe nobody is safe.  And that's a mantra that should be applied globally.  It won't be though!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I think a reciprocal arrangement can't work if we mean country to country - for example the UK has bashed on with vaccinating yet nothing thus far in the Philippines and this is being replicated everywhere.  I reckon the only reciprocation possible is that every country agrees to vaccinate all residents regardless of nationality, which is clearly the sensible option anyway.  

Here the government have announced that illegal immigrants can come forward for a jab without reprisals. Is that an amnesty of sorts

Apparently theres over one million in the country

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Yep Jack, I am under no illusions about where we will be in any line for vaccines here.  

Davao City is supposed to be getting the Astra Zeneca vaccine next month. The city government has announced a working queue beginning with healthcare workers, the elderly, and ending with those who are indigent and ill seniors.

After them, the jabs will then go to otherwise healthy seniors and then fat arsed medical messes like me. At least, Filipino fat-arsed medical messes. I hope to be included with them.

Edited by JDDavao

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Do you think they may add a tourist tax for a dose of the vaccine for the foreigners :whistling:

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Davao City is supposed to be getting the Astra Zeneca vaccine next month. The city government has announced a working queue beginning with healthcare workers, the elderly, and ending with those who are indigent and ill seniors.

After them, the jabs will then go to otherwise healthy seniors and then fat arsed medical messes like me. At least, Filipino fat-arsed medical messes. I hope to be included with them.

Seems to me the biggest issue is going to be when anyone gets a jab. Government were spouting about how many millions of vaccines they had secured up until recently. That's gone suspiciously quiet. The only news I can find on the topic today is senators are trying to push through a bill which was proposed a couple of weeks ago authorising LGUs to purchase their own Vaccine direct from manufacturers. It has to be referred back to Central government for approval once the deal is agreed for assessment at a quarterly meeting then Vaccines have to be delivered within 6 months of that.

So that's this year out of the game.

Then who's fault is it? LGU or central government. I think we all know the answer to that

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, TerryP said:

Here the government have announced that illegal immigrants can come forward for a jab without reprisals. Is that an amnesty of sorts

Apparently theres over one million in the country

I read that, as well as the usual response  from the usual suspects who fail to grasp the point that if the UK doesn't vaccinate those 1m (???) people then the whole vaccination programme is somewhat pointless. 

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I read that, as well as the usual response  from the usual suspects who fail to grasp the point that if the UK doesn't vaccinate those 1m (???) people then the whole vaccination programme is somewhat pointless. 

Looks like that 1 million won't matter much. There's 2 million in the first 4 groups totalling 15 million haven't came forward yet. They are starting to vaccinate under 70s now. 

Most of those refusing the Vaccine are BAME for whatever reason. It's noted in healthcare the highest refusal is filipino by percentage.

Let's hope we can reach the supposed 70% herd immunity

Doesn't bode well for the take up in the Philippines.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations#how-many-covid-19-vaccination-doses-have-been-administered

Scroll down to "attitudes to covid vaccinations to see the attitudes in various countries to receiving the vaccine.

UK one of highest for the vaccine, France one of lowest.......hmmmmm

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Looks like that 1 million won't matter much. There's 2 million in the first 4 groups totalling 15 million haven't came forward yet. They are starting to vaccinate under 70s now. 

Most of those refusing the Vaccine are BAME for whatever reason. It's noted in healthcare the highest refusal is filipino by percentage.

Let's hope we can reach the supposed 70% herd immunity

Doesn't bode well for the take up in the Philippines.

Yep..the issues within the BAME community and the vaccine are pretty well documented.  

I'll hold my hands up and admit one of the few things that REALLY frustrates me here (the list of mild irritations is endless :tongue:) is the total lack of trust in anything here.  I don't care how often people tell me why this is so - I found this trait infuriating in the UK, same in Hong Kong and same here. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations#how-many-covid-19-vaccination-doses-have-been-administered

Scroll down to "attitudes to covid vaccinations to see the attitudes in various countries to receiving the vaccine.

UK one of highest for the vaccine, France one of lowest.......hmmmmm

They say the French are naturally negative and also look for plots in everything.  

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic