Query to British Embassy Manila re vaccinations for British citizens.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 2/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, hk blues said:

That said, the principle has to be all residents be vaccinated or what's the point - until we're all safe nobody is safe.  And that's a mantra that should be applied globally.

Pity the Global leaders dont agree to every resident no matter who or what nationality in their  country is vaccinated,  nobody is safe.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kuya John said:

Pity the Global leaders dont agree to every resident no matter who or what nationality in their  country is vaccinated,  nobody is safe.

I'm not sure this has been confirmed as yet.  There is more of a vacuum of information which leads to assumptions which may or may not be accurate.  

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

If ever the was a reason to believe in climate change and the future of this planet and it's inhabitants this virus has proven, no one country can do things on its own any longer.

Instead of creating tensions and war-mongering over territorial  rights, its about time they banged their heads together and got on with solving all the problems we are facing as the human race. Covid is just the beginning!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep..the issues within the BAME community and the vaccine are pretty well documented.  

I'll hold my hands up and admit one of the few things that REALLY frustrates me here (the list of mild irritations is endless :tongue:) is the total lack of trust in anything here.  I don't care how often people tell me why this is so - I found this trait infuriating in the UK, same in Hong Kong and same here. 

Same old story HK

Bad news travels fast whether it's correct or not. Nobody is interested in the 1000 delicious meals that came out of the restaurant round the corner. They all read about the one guy who didn't like his dessert and ended up puking it

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 2/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, JDDavao said:

Davao City is supposed to be getting the Astra Zeneca vaccine next month. The city government has announced a working queue beginning with healthcare workers, the elderly, and ending with those who are indigent and ill seniors.

After them, the jabs will then go to otherwise healthy seniors and then fat arsed medical messes like me. At least, Filipino fat-arsed medical messes. I hope to be included with them.

Have you tried consuming fewer calories ?  :89:

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Only when my ex used to cook. Don't know whether it was poisoned or just plain inedible

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

Have you tried not being an ass?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Have you tried not being an ass?

Well, so far I've managed to have enough self-discipline to prevent myself from becoming a fat one...and from flaming other board members. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 2/10/2021 at 10:11 AM, Snowy79 said:

Probably a good decision. Pointless vaccinating everyone else if us pesky foreigners can still catch it and use up some intensive care beds.

Just recently active here again, I haven't read all the content. on Covid. Sorry in advance if this has already been answered and discussed.

Along these lines, has anyone ever seen in print that if and when a vaccine arrives here to the Philippines that all foreigners will also be able to avail of the vaccine? I know that the US Embassy early on also said it would be best for those living abroad to follow what your current country will be doing. I know that all should be protected, but will we get less of a priority when vaccines are given out?

How tempting or feasible would it be for some to go back temporarily just to partake of the vaccine?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Just recently active here again, I haven't read all the content. on Covid. Sorry in advance if this has already been answered and discussed.

Along these lines, has anyone ever seen in print that if and when a vaccine arrives here to the Philippines that all foreigners will also be able to avail of the vaccine? I know that the US Embassy early on also said it would be best for those living abroad to follow what your current country will be doing. I know that all should be protected, but will we get less of a priority when vaccines are given out?

How tempting or feasible would it be for some to go back temporarily just to partake of the vaccine?

I don't think there has been any definitive statement as yet on the programme here, but I hope they won't make the mistake of not vaccinating  foreigners as that will dilute the benefit of the mass vaccination of locals. I really don't know which way they will jump though - maybe us foreigners will be asked to pay?

Given the trouble getting in and out of the UK, I would not contemplate going back for it, and in any event I wouldn't be on any list so cannot see how I'd be able to get it there.  It's not a "free for all system" back home in the UK. 

• Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic