Heavy rain on it's way

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

Queenie O... It is not actually supposed to get really nasty until tomorrow through Sunday. Cebu is looking to be front and center for this storm. Good that you are preparing early... Stay safe!

Thanks Tommy!  Let's hope it's not too bad.

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Massaging your lower abdomen can get the wind moving.

I didn't know doing that was good for wind, other forms of relief yes, well you learn something new each day. :cheersty:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Thanks Tommy!  Let's hope it's not too bad.

Good and bad news lately.... The storm forecast seems to be more northward (i.e. more towards Luzon, rather than Mindinao). Still not looking good for Cebu and vicinity...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

I didn't know doing that was good for wind, other forms of relief yes, well you learn something new each day. :cheersty:

From what I have read... take it easy on broccoli and some other greens as they may increase gas emissions... I can say, from personal experience, that beer definitely makes things worse (or better?).:56da64a8e0a60_13_4_101:

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Jack, we've had strong winds night and day for a couple of days now. It got quiet last night , butnow this morning the wind is starting to kick up again. We took all my herb plants and such inside from the balcony last night just in case.

Thanks for reminder Queenie.  I don't think it's supposed to be really bad here in Batangas but the wind is starting to kick up so I moved some plants that I've started.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

L and I have also moved some plants just not to be bothered by any strong winds or heavy rains...

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Thanks for reminder Queenie.  I don't think it's supposed to be really bad here in Batangas but the wind is starting to kick up so I moved some plants that I've started.

I think anything that's light enough to blow around should be moved out of harms way. You talked about not watering, but this morning we had to water a lot of our pots before we brought them in--they were bone dry from the heavy wind!  We're right by the sea--I'm sure that the waves will crash up on our sea wall..

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

I think anything that's light enough to blow around should be moved out of harms way. You talked about not watering, but this morning we had to water a lot of our pots before we brought them in--they were bone dry from the heavy wind!  We're right by the sea--I'm sure that the waves will crash up on our sea wall..

Hello Queenie...

Just be careful regarding plants that might be damaged by strong winds or rains... It sounds like you are already prepared for that... just mentioning it for others who might not be so well prepared as you...:smile:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Good and bad news lately.... The storm forecast seems to be more northward (i.e. more towards Luzon, rather than Mindinao). Still not looking good for Cebu and vicinity...

I read it's now classed as a severe tropical storm so not a typhoon. A friends family in Surigao del norte have taken cover in a school as already some damage that way.

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Mike... thats an outstanding weather site... 

• Thanks 1