Jump to content

Heavy rain on it's way


Recommended Posts

Just now, Tommy T. said:

Queenie O... It is not actually supposed to get really nasty until tomorrow through Sunday. Cebu is looking to be front and center for this storm. Good that you are preparing early... Stay safe!

 

Thanks Tommy!  Let's hope it's not too bad.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to hear about your problem Jim, Maybe one of the tips below will help settle you.   What can I take for wind? More tips for treating trapped wind:

Good deal.  Looks like I won't have to water my garden this week.😀 Always look on the bright side of life.😀😁

Jack, we've had strong winds night and day for a couple of days now. It got quiet last night , butnow this morning the wind is starting to kick up again. We took all my herb plants and such inside fro

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Massaging your lower abdomen can get the wind moving.

I didn't know doing that was good for wind, other forms of relief yes, well you learn something new each day. :cheersty:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Thanks Tommy!  Let's hope it's not too bad.

Good and bad news lately.... The storm forecast seems to be more northward (i.e. more towards Luzon, rather than Mindinao). Still not looking good for Cebu and vicinity...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

I didn't know doing that was good for wind, other forms of relief yes, well you learn something new each day. :cheersty:

From what I have read... take it easy on broccoli and some other greens as they may increase gas emissions... I can say, from personal experience, that beer definitely makes things worse (or better?).:56da64a8e0a60_13_4_101:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Jack, we've had strong winds night and day for a couple of days now. It got quiet last night , butnow this morning the wind is starting to kick up again. We took all my herb plants and such inside from the balcony last night just in case.

Thanks for reminder Queenie.  I don't think it's supposed to be really bad here in Batangas but the wind is starting to kick up so I moved some plants that I've started.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

L and I have also moved some plants just not to be bothered by any strong winds or heavy rains...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Thanks for reminder Queenie.  I don't think it's supposed to be really bad here in Batangas but the wind is starting to kick up so I moved some plants that I've started.

I think anything that's light enough to blow around should be moved out of harms way. You talked about not watering, but this morning we had to water a lot of our pots before we brought them in--they were bone dry from the heavy wind!  We're right by the sea--I'm sure that the waves will crash up on our sea wall..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

I think anything that's light enough to blow around should be moved out of harms way. You talked about not watering, but this morning we had to water a lot of our pots before we brought them in--they were bone dry from the heavy wind!  We're right by the sea--I'm sure that the waves will crash up on our sea wall..

Hello Queenie...

Just be careful regarding plants that might be damaged by strong winds or rains... It sounds like you are already prepared for that... just mentioning it for others who might not be so well prepared as you...:smile:

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Good and bad news lately.... The storm forecast seems to be more northward (i.e. more towards Luzon, rather than Mindinao). Still not looking good for Cebu and vicinity...

I read it's now classed as a severe tropical storm so not a typhoon. A friends family in Surigao del norte have taken cover in a school as already some damage that way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...