13 Quota immigrants Visa or SRRV Special Resident Retiree’s Visa.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Freebie said:

a few hurdles to get it, including the No Criminal record which depending on where you from varies from easy to get to hard to get .

From memory when I researched this a long time ago, if you have been in the Philippines for 6 months or more its not required, same as for a 13a. Correct me if Im wrong. 

• Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Freebie said:

Under the SRRV in theory you can work... Philippines has a lot of " in theory situations"... in practice you still have to get a work permit and that maybe hard.... and with millions of Filipinos out of work it may have gotten considerably harder.

SRRV visa is the easy one ( once you have got the thing... a few hurdles to get it, including the No Criminal record which depending on where you from varies from easy to get to hard to get . But once obtained, no annual reporting, and card can be extended for 3 years so its hassle free.

however, during pandemic its clear that Philippine Retirement Authority isnt a department that carries any weight in govt circles.. and the term resident in the Retirement visa has been totally ignored and our residency deemed as irrelevant.  Before pandemic, was an excellent visa to have... post pandemic its clear we are not well , or even regarded by the Phil government, despite depositing USD20,000 in their banks........

Sorry to hear about the Filipino authorities ignoring your status during the pandemic.
I wouldn't be happy neither!

Lets see if this changes in the future.

And thanks a lot for the info. Much appreciated!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

Lets see if this changes in the future.

It has now changed and allowed back in but still not issuing new SRRV because of a different issue.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

From memory when I researched this a long time ago, if you have been in the Philippines for 6 months or more its not required, same as for a 13a. Correct me if Im wrong. 

For 13A, if you've already been in-country more than 6 months, you will need an NBI clearance certificate (rather than a police one from your home country). Only costs a couple of hundred pesos. 

This is then attached to your other application docs.

I did this in January 2021. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, graham59 said:

For 13A, if you've already been in-country more than 6 months, you will need an NBI clearance certificate (rather than a police one from your home country). Only costs a couple of hundred pesos. 

This is then attached to your other application docs.

I did this in January 2021. 

Yes, NBI is Philippines and just like when doing tourist visa extensions and home country police clearance not required after 6 months of living here. So if anyone has a criminal record best to stay here for 6 months. 

• Like 2