U.S. Embassy Philippines: Virtual Town Hall For CRBA

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For those Americans who have been getting busy during the lockdown!

https://ph.usembassy.gov/virtual-town-hall-for-u-s-citizens-in-the-philippines-documenting-your-child-as-a-u-s-citizen/

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines

United States Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines

February 23, 2021

Virtual Town Hall for U.S. Citizens in the Philippines:

Documenting Your Child as a U.S. Citizen

Are you a U.S. citizen whose biological child was born outside the United States? Do you want to document your child as a U.S. citizen?

Join us for a virtual town hall as we answer questions about the U.S. citizenship application process on Wednesday, March 3, 2021, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Manila time.

Hosted by the Embassy’s American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit, this virtual town hall is open to all U.S. citizens in the Philippines. If you wish to participate, please RSVP using this form. We will email log-in details to confirmed attendees no later than March 1, 2021.

Please note that we are unable to answer questions related to U.S. visas or notary services during this town hall. For more information on services available to U.S. citizens in the Philippines, please see our website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Youngster
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Obviously there is a much larger population of Americans here than British - there seems to be much more support such as detailed above than for us Brits.  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Obviously there is a much larger population of Americans here than British

oh yes,,,if you count the huge number of Duel Fil/US citizens :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

It's the other way around for me. Got my first child registered at the DC embassy so she could have her Ph citizenship, now have to do the same with the two month old.

Shady
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

this virtual town hall is open to all U.S. citizens in the Philippines.

Great, now how about giving all U.S. citizens in the Philippines the ability to get a CRBA in the Cebu City embassy?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

Great, now how about giving all U.S. citizens in the Philippines the ability to get a CRBA in the Cebu City embassy?

Cebu has a consulate.

An embassy is a diplomatic mission generally located in the capital city of another country which offers a full range of services, including consular services. ... A consulate is a diplomatic mission that is similar to a consulate general, but may not provide a full range of services.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

Obviously there is a much larger population of Americans here than British - there seems to be much more support such as detailed above than for us Brits.  

Our Embassy is basically here to do trade deals with the Philippines and provides very little support to ex pats.   That's one thing I'll say about America is they look after their citizens abroad.  Especially ex military.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Our Embassy is basically here to do trade deals with the Philippines and provides very little support to ex pats.   That's one thing I'll say about America is they look after their citizens abroad.  Especially ex military.

That's what I was getting at.  That said, I'm sure if I came across some serious issues, they would be there to help.   

Shady
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Cebu has a consulate.

An embassy is a diplomatic mission generally located in the capital city of another country which offers a full range of services, including consular services. ... A consulate is a diplomatic mission that is similar to a consulate general, but may not provide a full range of services.

Great, how about giving all U.S. citizens in the Philippines the ability to get a CRBA in the Cebu City consulate

• Hmm thinking 1