Has anyone gone thru the U.S. citizenship process for an adopted child here in the Philippines?

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

Adopted daughter is 10.  Adoption dated over 2 years ago.  She has a Philippine passport with our last name.  Passport has a 10 year multiple entry visa to the states.  We were all in the states last year.  I am a US citizen.  Wife is a dual citizen.  We live in Zambalas.  Wife lived in the states for 10 years.

I am starting to fill out the N-600K paperwork.  Does any paperwork get sent to the embassy here from the states?  We already have a visa so I don't know what the process is.  Has anyone been thru this before?

Thanks,

Jack.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Personal message sent to my fellow SBMA resident.

• Like 1

KC813
Posted
Posted
On 2/24/2021 at 12:29 AM, HappyJack said:

Adopted daughter is 10.  Adoption dated over 2 years ago.  She has a Philippine passport with our last name.  Passport has a 10 year multiple entry visa to the states.  We were all in the states last year.  I am a US citizen.  Wife is a dual citizen.  We live in Zambalas.  Wife lived in the states for 10 years.

I am starting to fill out the N-600K paperwork.  Does any paperwork get sent to the embassy here from the states?  We already have a visa so I don't know what the process is.  Has anyone been thru this before?

Thanks,

Jack.

Jack-

The embassies stopped accepting and processing N-600K’s in 2019. 

Not enough facts given here to be sure the child is eligible, but if you think so, the form can now be filed electronically on the USCIS website https://www.uscis.gov/n-600k if you do not want to mail it.

• 4 weeks later...
HappyJack
Posted
Posted

Thanks,

Looking at the online form, I don't see any reason why she is not eligible for the N-600K.  As I see it, we just use our permanent mailing address back home and all mail will go there.  No need for the embassy to get involved as we have a visa already.

Thanks

Talako
Posted
Posted
On 3/25/2021 at 9:58 AM, HappyJack said:

Thanks,

Looking at the online form, I don't see any reason why she is not eligible for the N-600K.  As I see it, we just use our permanent mailing address back home and all mail will go there.  No need for the embassy to get involved as we have a visa already.

Thanks

Is this any assistance at all?:

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-h-chapter-5

Nice fee for this filing, ouch.

You can file a hardcopy to Phoenix or you can file online.  Having used online filing for my wife's citizenship, I would highly recommend that. 

Where to File

You may file your Form N-600K online or by mail (paper).

Filing your Form N-600K online

If you are applying from outside the U.S., are applying for a fee waiver, or are a member or veteran of any branch of the U.S. military filing on your own behalf, you cannot currently file your Form N-600K online. Please see the section below for instructions on how to file your form by mail.

You must create an online account. Having an online account, will also allow you to:

• Pay your filing fee;
  • Submit passport-style photos;
  • Check the status of your case;
  • Receive notifications and case updates;
  • Respond to requests for evidence; and
  • Manage your contact information, including updating your address.

(Attorneys and accredited representatives can also create an online account, which will allow them to manage their clients’ applications in one place.)

Filing your Form N-600K by mail

Mail your form to the Phoenix Lockbox. We encourage you to read our filing tips before mailing your form.

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
USCIS
P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: Form N-600K
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Filing Tips for Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322

• Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
    • Part 1 – Information About the Child’s Eligibility
    • Check only ONE box in Part 1. If you check multiple boxes in Part 1, we will reject your Form N-600K and return it to you for correction and re-filing.
    • Your signature as the applicant.

Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form