Tourist Visa Extension

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well!

If possible please help me with the following.
Regarding tourist visa extensions. When i exceed 36 months, If i fly out and return even next day, can it be extended to another 36 months more?

How much does a 2 months extension cost? Just to have an idea i will be charged the normal amount and not fall for corruption.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You cannot "exceed" 36 months as 36 months is the maximum.  Under ordinary circumstances that was one of the methods used to live in the Philippines for extended periods of time.  Now with the pandemic, tourists are not being allowed into the Philippines.  Currently if you left, you would not be able to return until a future date when tourists are again allowed entry.    Below is the fee schedule from the BOI website.  Prior to the pandemic it was also possible to get a six month extension in some offices.

https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

ITEM DESCRIPTION

MINOR

Below 14 years old

1 month

2 month

Every month of extension

Php 500. 00

Php 1, 000. 00

Application fee

300. 00

300. 00

Alien Certificate of Registration Fee

500. 00

500. 00

Certification Fee

500. 00

500. 00

Express Fee

1, 000. 00

1, 000. 00

Emigration Clearance Certificate Fee / Certificate of Exemption Fee

Legal Research Fee (LRF) for each immigration fee except Head Tax and Fines

50. 00

50. 00

Visa Sticker Fee

TOTAL

PHP 3, 150. 00

PHP 3, 650. 00

ACR I-Card for Tourist

$ 50. 00

$ 50. 00

Express Fee (for I-card)

Php 500. 00

Php 500. 00

• Thanks 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Where I am its still possible to obtain the 6 month extension. No questions asked.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, RBM said:

No questions asked.

:89: Legally Bruce?

graham59
Posted
Posted

My 2 month extension last week cost p2830, but they can vary between that and p6000+ (if ACR-1 is also required). 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have two friends with different experiences of extending beyond the 36 months.  The first his 36 months was up and he got a travel agent to get him a 6 month extension bringing it up to 42 months.  It only cost him an additional 500 peso on top but he was informed it was a one off.  The other explained to immigration his 36 months was up and he couldn't get home.  He was told no worries just extend as normal, there's a pandemic on.  Two different locations and both satellite offices. A third one was overdue ten months on visas and had to get an attorney and use the main Immigration in Manila.  He paid 30k peso.

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The OP is wasting your time. Read his previous post which say he hopes to come here in a few years.  Tell him to come back 3 or 6 months prior to comming here as most has been explained to him in other topics. 

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, graham59 said:

My 2 month extension last week cost p2830, but they can vary between that and p6000+ (if ACR-1 is also required). 

I just had my 8th visa extension (usually every two months).  For the next 2 months, plus my new ACR-i card, my agent in MNL charged me P 9,870.   Their fee is  buried in there.  What it is, I know not, as long as its within reason, since I do not have to leave my home.  

Friends here with similar visa ext. needs, make the trips every 2 months to the BI offices in Kalibo or Iloilo City since they drive motorbikes, but I don't. Its easier for me to stay local with reliance upon a family motortrike arrangement to avoid the hassles of driving, accident risk legal responsibilities, poor weather road conditions, etc. .... but the downside is that I don't get an adventurous road trip every 8 weeks, which I think my friends here enjoy making.

I've been doing this for a very long time with my agent (8-10 years .... I forget, but its been a long while since I kept my passport with me while in-country.  The downside, is that if I want to leave the country from Cebu or Kalibo, I'd have to have them send me my passport first, but so far that situation has never occurred. 

There is possibly also an agent here in my city that could provide this service, but I have not had the need or opportunity to check it out, since everything has always gone smoothly and without any problems thus far with the MNL drop off method I have been using, that being my regular arrival and departure point. 

I might be able to save a small bit of money if I used another method, but the potential hassles and problems that might occur if I switched over to another option are not worth it to me since I highly prize my peace of mind in  these matters. So far my suki has taken very good care of me, especially with the pandemic situation, without fail. 

When you discover methods to make your life more enjoyable while living here, its best to let it run as long as possible, since nothing is forever, and glitches are the norm.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

34 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

I just had my 8th visa extension (usually every two months).  For the next 2 months, plus my new ACR-i card, my agent in MNL charged me P 9,870.   Their fee is  buried in there.  What it is, I know not, as long as its within reason, since I do not have to leave my home.  

Wow...a huge variation there.  

Shady
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I have two friends with different experiences of extending beyond the 36 months.  The first his 36 months was up and he got a travel agent to get him a 6 month extension bringing it up to 42 months.  It only cost him an additional 500 peso on top but he was informed it was a one off.  The other explained to immigration his 36 months was up and he couldn't get home.  He was told no worries just extend as normal, there's a pandemic on. 

Maybe one day the BI will reveal their officially updated rules and regulations.

• Haha 1