Tourist Visa Extension

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, manofthecoldland said:

When you discover methods to make your life more enjoyable while living here, its best to let it run as long as possible, since nothing is forever, and glitches are the norm.

I used to use an agent when living in Manila and Angeles years ago.

Now though, the BI Field office (Dagupan) is around 10 miles from my house, and I just go along there in bro-in-law's trike.

I pay what they ask for, and keep the receipt (no stickers at present of course :rolleyes: )

Lovely friendly and helpful staff, and doesn't take up more than 2 hours of my day, including the journey there and back.  

Now waiting for the 13A.  :smile:

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

I just had my 8th visa extension (usually every two months).  For the next 2 months, plus my new ACR-i card, my agent in MNL charged me P 9,870.   Their fee is  buried in there.  What it is, I know not, as long as its within reason, since I do not have to leave my home.  

Far too much. My agent fee is P1500, pick up and deliver passport. Surly they give you receipts of what has been paid to the BI

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Far too much. My agent fee is P1500, pick up and deliver passport. Surly they give you receipts of what has been paid to the BI

There should definitely be a receipt as they stopped issuing stickers in your passport last year, instead you carry the receipt arround with you which shows when your visa expires.

My last 2 month extension with a new ACR cost me 5,647.50 Peso, a usual 2 month extension comes in at 1,830 Peso as my office gives the option of not paying the Express lane fee. 

visa.jpg

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 2/27/2021 at 8:56 AM, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Legally Bruce?

Very legally jack......took all of 10 minutes about a month ago....

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Very legally jack......took all of 10 minutes about a month ago....

So Bruce maybe you can get a 2nd 6 month, because many can't?

RBM
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

So Bruce maybe you can get a 2nd 6 month, because many can't?

That was my 3rd 6 month extension Jack.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, RBM said:

That was my 3rd 6 month extension Jack.

So why is a member here being told No more 6 month extension, He has had One after his 3 years is up and has to leave soon, Manila has told him and his Agent, No More you have to Go :tiphat: (Really am asking for a Friend)

• Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So why is a member here being told No more 6 month extension, He has had One after his 3 years is up and has to leave soon, Manila has told him and his Agent, No More you have to Go :tiphat: (Really am asking for a Friend)

It appears Jack each and every office has its own set of rules, I can only quote my own experiences here.

What is of more concern is what one does if he is unable to return home (due to lack of quarantine falcilities) and the BI at 36 or 42 months refuses any more extension.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RBM said:

It appears Jack each and every office has its own set of rules, I can only quote my own experiences here.

What is of more concern is what one does if he is unable to return home (due to lack of quarantine falcilities) and the BI at 36 or 42 months refuses any more extension.

Which is why I asked the question on legality Manila have said NO. My friend has no problem going Home but his return is in Question because although he has a Home and a Child here, there seems to be no precedent set for this  they say they have But......................:89:

pp @Eddie1

Edited by Jack Peterson
a minor addition

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Which is why I asked the question on legality Manila have said NO. My friend has no problem going Home but his return is in Question because although he has a Home and a Child here, there seems to be no precedent set for this  they say they have But......................:89:

pp @Eddie1

Think I have read that if one has either a wife or child here they will be able to return Jack. Not sure the requirements to prove same how ever his name will be on the birth certificate Jack