Tourist Visa Extension

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 2/28/2021 at 4:37 PM, Mike J said:

I think the issue is that the one member had already reached the 36 month maximum, while @RBM is still within the 36 month window.  If I recall the other member had to go through a special "appeal" process and pay a butt load of fees, plus his attorney fees? 

I know of other foreigners off the board who have had to pay high fees and go to the main BI office in Intramuros as well.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Hopefully this (tourist extensions) will be a thing of the past for me now, as Immigration just phoned, to ask me to come and pick up my 13A visa. :dance:

• Like 5

graham59
Posted
Posted

Update:  Now have a big ol 13A stamp in my passport . :smile:

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 2/28/2021 at 12:31 PM, Shady said:

They stopped the 6 month extensions about a month ago so you just had good timing...unless something changed again, which nobody will ever know unless someone tries again and reports it here.

This info is not correct. Spoke to the head lady here in Bacolod at BI, she has never heard of this directive. Tourist can extend 6 months  during this window up until 3 years.

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

This info is not correct. Spoke to the head lady here in Bacolod at BI, she has never heard of this directive. Tourist can extend 6 months  during this window up until 3 years.

I second this my friend here just recently got 6 months also.  I am not 100% sure which office it was at.

Chances are it was a mistake or someone just not trained properly or corruption...

Shady
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Could be a regional rule, I'm waiting to hear if anyone actually gets a 6 month extension this month, March, and where.

Edited by Shady

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Shady said:

Could be a regional rule, I'm waiting to hear if anyone actually gets a 6 month extension this month, March, and where.

My friend goes in next week for a third 6 month extension,  as stated the head BI lady said to me no problem.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

When I tried for a 6 month extension in Calapan I was told 2 months only. Printed on the wall beside the counter in bold writting it said "I can extend for up to 6 months."  

Even with it in black and white they said that was a National policy but they will only do 2 months. I also had no choice but to pay the Express lane fee.  Here on Boracay no express lane and 6 months is no problem.

• Like 3

Shol
Posted
Posted
On 3/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, Snowy79 said:

When I tried for a 6 month extension in Calapan I was told 2 months only. Printed on the wall beside the counter in bold writting it said "I can extend for up to 6 months."  

Even with it in black and white they said that was a National policy but they will only do 2 months. I also had no choice but to pay the Express lane fee.  Here on Boracay no express lane and 6 months is no problem.

Yeah just like lots of things, the "rules" depend on who you talk speak with lol

I bet the answer might have been different with an extra 2K included in your details :)

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Shol said:

Yeah just like lots of things, the "rules" depend on who you talk speak with lol

I bet the answer might have been different with an extra 2K included in your details :)

I wonder why those brown envelopes are called manila!

• Haha 4