Divorced a Pinay, can I marry another?

SailingHome
Posted
Posted
On 3/1/2021 at 1:15 PM, Gandang Smile said:

I also recently got married to a Filipina as divorced man. To obtain my CENOMAR, I did have to present my divorce certificate translated into English (which I already had).

Was your divorce certificate Apostiled, notarized by the embassy, or otherwise officiated, or just a photocopy of the final divorce decree?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Was your divorce certificate Apostiled, notarized by the embassy, or otherwise officiated, or just a photocopy of the final divorce decree?

When I applied for mine it had to be in person, at the Canadian Consulate with the original divorce decree in hand.  The woman who interviewed me at the consulate refused to issue it for me.  She required my new fiance to be present and that was not possible at that time.  Your mileage may vary.  It did not work for me.  I stayed common law.  Canada does not care and that is where we moved to.

• Love it 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, SailingHome said:

My ex wife is from Colombia and we were in the UK when we divorced. We processed our divorce papers in Colombia, where it's surprisingly easy to get divorced. A Notary Public married us, a Notary Public signed the divorce decree. We then had it translated into English and apostilled by the Colombian Consulate in London.

All this was enough for the Regional Trial Court and Justice Hall of Pasig City. I couldn't say what would have happened elsewhere.

• Love it 1