Papa has expired from Covid...

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Hi Tommy,

Sorry to hear about the loss.  Not easy to lose a loved one.

Thoughts to you and L and the extended family at this time.

Queenie

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Papa had a good run. He worked very hard all his life with the family farm. He and Mama were inseparable.

And that's all that really matters at the end of the day, Tom.

Condolences to "L" and the family.

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I am very sorry to hear about L's and you loss of her papa, no matter ones age it is never an easy thing to lose a parent.

My sincerest sympathy Tom :sad:

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My thoughts are with you an L.  Sounds like he left a fine legacy behind.

• Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear this Tommy :sad:

Our condolences to L, you and the family.

• Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

May I add my condolences to you Tommy,your wife "L"

and to all the family too. 

• Thanks 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
On 3/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, Tommy T. said:

Sad to report that L's Dad just passed away this afternoon. He had the swab test and was positive for Covid...

He had been feeling ill for a while and no one is certain where he might have contracted this. It is also not a time or place to try to see if it was really the virus that killed him or just his old age (90+) and other infirmities... Not a time to go there...

We wanted to visit him in Mati but it cost P7,000 per person for a swab test that would take 5 hours or more for results. After paying that amount to install him in a private hospital, plus one of the family as a care giver for another P7,000 - it was getting a bit pricey. Of course, life is priceless... we both know that, but we also could not really visit Papa anyway... 

The private hospital was charging P3,000/day exclusive of doctors, treatments or medications...

Just information for anyone in the forum... Sad days for us here...:sad:

I forgot to mention that, upon receipt of Papa's positive test results, visitors were subsequently prohibited.

Hi @Tommy T. my condolences to you, your wife and her family. As your latter posts say, L's dad had a happy and fulfilling life with his family, which includes your "Kano company". Bless him in Heaven.

A real disgrace, that everything healthcare that works (or seems to work) in the Philippines is private and quite costly, especially against the average income of a Filipino down here in Mindanao.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

A real disgrace, that everything healthcare that works (or seems to work) in the Philippines is private and quite costly, especially against the average income of a Filipino down here in Mindanao.

Yes... The cost of tests, room and care was quite shocking to L, me and the family. There is a "government" hospital in the area, but it was full up. The private hospital was the only option and prices were ridiculous in our view...

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 3/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, Tommy T. said:

Yes... The cost of tests, room and care was quite shocking to L, me and the family. There is a "government" hospital in the area, but it was full up. The private hospital was the only option and prices were ridiculous in our view...

I thought philhealth paid cost of covid patients 

https://doh.gov.ph/doh-press-release/DOH%3A-EVERY-FILIPINO-IS-COVERED-BY-PHILHEALTH’S-COVID-19-CASE-RATES

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So did I. Soon, I will quietly encourage the family to look into that. Perhaps they did cover it after the "positive" diagnosis was received? Papa was only in the hospital a few days at any rate and there no extraordinary treatments, but still...

Added:

L just told me that the hospital told her sister (who works in the medical field) that the limit for covid treatments is P100,000. Again...now is not really the time to pursue this but it is on the list to learn more. Papa was treated with only things to deal with phlegm and cough and not much else. The bill came to P20,000/day for several days plus some "extras." There are many unanswered questions - like what "level" is the hospital where he was admitted? - and others. I will attempt to update as more is learned.

By the way, I looked up that link, JGF - and thanks for posting it. I noticed it is dated April last year. Perhaps things changed as costs mounted against PhilHealth since then?

Edited by Tommy T.
More information
  • Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic