Got my appointment for the jab

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Ok this is about the UK 

Got the letter to ask me to make a appointment for my jab for coronavirus today and I will be going this Saturday to a place and time of my choosing , it’s just a walk up the road from where I live , when I booked the service I could also book the date for the second  jab too , jobs a good un 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Ok this is about the UK 

Got the letter to ask me to make a appointment for my jab for coronavirus today and I will be going this Saturday to a place and time of my choosing , it’s just a walk up the road from where I live , when I booked the service I could also book the date for the second  jab too , jobs a good un 

Got my first in Brighton last Saturday. Second on may 15.

Then like you Steve it's just a waiting game

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I am curious to know when the Philippines forum members start receiving their jabs and if or how much they have to pay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JJReyes said:

start receiving their jabs and if or how much they have to pay.

Monitor the forum in about 6-8 months we will let you know :hystery:

But seriously JJ. It will be up to each individual LGU. Many of the larger cities are starting to compile "priority" lists right now. Here in Paranaque people are asked to register as to their willingness to get the jab. Once that is compiled AND any vaccine becomes available (ours is one of the cities that is negotiating with a manufacture) Then they will be notified as to when and where to get it.

As things stand right now, none of the Jabs are available commercially, so we have no idea as to the cost. Hospitals and the like are forbidden from buying it. Large conglomerates like San Miguel may contract with the manufacture but only via the government, and 50% if their purchase must be donated to the government.

So, the bottom line is.............we have no idea :Caught:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

So, the bottom line is.............we have no idea :Caught:

So the lower bottom line is.......nothing has change.

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

So the lower bottom line is.......nothing has change.

u got it.jpg

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

Large conglomerates like San Miguel may contract with the manufacture but only via the government, and 50% if their purchase must be donated to the government.

Scott--That's frustrating to me-- I know that it's probably done that way to make it equitable to all, but if some had been able to do it, it might have gotten some competition going to further spark contracting and purchasing among many areas. Wouldn't you think being more aggressive might better get things rolling?  I suppose it will all work out in it's own due time. We'll just wait and see.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Reading that only one in 3 Filipinos are prepared to take the vaccine, no doubt from a highly scientific survey but maybe the Government should exert a bit of pressure if they are serious about the vaccine and make it compulsory for any company with a Government contract to vaccinate their employes where possible.  The sooner we find out if vaccines work the better.  We need to see a drastic drop in hospital admission though to show that vaccines work.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Reading that only one in 3 Filipinos are prepared to take the vaccine, no doubt from a highly scientific survey but maybe the Government should exert a bit of pressure if they are serious about the vaccine and make it compulsory for any company with a Government contract to vaccinate their employes where possible.  The sooner we find out if vaccines work the better.  We need to see a drastic drop in hospital admission though to show that vaccines work.

All the evidence thus far shows they are working, I'm not sure what more people need to know at this point.  The long term effects will not be known for a fair while, years more than months, so the idea that we should wait and see just doesn't stand up IF we want to push ahead with the vaccinations globally.  A half-assed 50% or less being vaccinated is no good to anybody.

Whilst I have a lot (a LOT) of sympathy with the idea of insisting on vaccinating people in sensitive areas, I can see how that may be a step too far.  That said, I was more than  a little irritated to see how many UK care home workers had refused the vaccine.  

The results of the Sinovac are patchy (I'm being kind) but the headline number of 50.3% efficacy was just that, a headline. The best way I heard it described was it's taming a tiger to become a pussy cat.  I'm OK with catching a cold rather than full-blown Covid if that's the choice we are left with.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

All the evidence thus far shows they are working, I'm not sure what more people need to know at this point.

I think the main problem is that there is a lot of people who do not believe the data, claim it to be overblown or fake news etc. , and there are even some who see the vaccine as an actual part of the "conspiracy".  Mark of the beast, one world government, implanted id chip, etc.   

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic