6 Month Rental - Siquijor

Ross
Posted
Posted

Hi All - will be spending 6 months (July 2021 - Dec 2021) in Visayas and would love to get a 6 month rental property on Siquijor. Minimum 2 BR. Any suggestions or referrals?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Ross said:

Hi All - will be spending 6 months (July 2021 - Dec 2021) in Visayas and would love to get a 6 month rental property on Siquijor. Minimum 2 BR. Any suggestions or referrals?

Perhaps look at Facebook marketplace rentals

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Ross said:

Welcome to the forum Ross. 

Agree with JGF and suggest you don't make any decisions until after you spend some time on the Island first.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Welcome to the forum Ross. 

Agree with JGF and suggest you don't make any decisions until after you spend some time on the Island first.

I would not tie myself to anyplace until I lived there for a while. Siquijor looks very nice but is also very small and in reality not much to do once you have been there a month or so. Good luck Ross you never know it might be the perfect place for you the rest is just my opinion/experience here in the Philippines.

• Like 2

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted

Looks like a perfect getaway location, but 6 months is a long time for a small island.
I would spend less time, but it might be right for you.
Enjoy!

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Ross said:

PM me as I know guy there whom maybe able help.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Been to siquijor 4 or 5 times, each time for one month at a time..thats about the max that you want, unless you take regular trips to Dumaguete. Most certainly you need rent a motorbike for months. Not many supermarkets around. Ive stayed in a few different airbnb places , some good some less so .Check the reviews VERY carefully, and for such a long rental expect substantial discounts. ....Remember san juan area can get very busy with backpackers if we are in normal travelling times.

• Like 1

Ross
Posted
Posted

Really appreciate all the feedback everyone. The general consensus seems to be that 6 months there is too long. 

In that light, could anyone make another suggestion? The circumstances are the following..

I have a current 12 month appointment at one of the universities in Cebu. The appointment is part time but it's sufficient to justify a 6 month trip from Australia. I will be taking my 14 year old son and would prefer to base ourselves outside Cebu City, in (or close to) one of the provinces, but somewhere from which I can easily travel to Cebu to teach once a fortnight, and then undertake my other work remotely the rest of the time. Possibly Dumagute? Absolutely open to suggestions. I was originally thinking about Siquijor as I've spent quite a lot of time in Dumaguete and have visited the island a couple of times.

Under current Australian COVID restrictions, to be allowed to leave Australia, I need to provide proof that I'm not returning for at least 3 months (and preferably longer). The easiest way to do this is to provide a lease agreement. For this reason and because I don't want to be 'footloose' at any stage with my son, I'd prefer to have accommodation confirmed for the 6 months before we arrive on July 1st. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Ross said:

Under current Australian COVID restrictions, to be allowed to leave Australia, I need to provide proof that I'm not returning for at least 3 months

Have you got the required entry into the Philippines sorted out? 

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Mix it up if you like island life... make a selection from Siquijor, Bantayan, Panglao and Malpascua....... Could do Camotes islands and Bantayan and Malapascua, as they are all in the same area......dont go to Guimaras.. nothing to see or do there....

• Like 2