If I book a 1 way flight only will I be allowed entry in the airport check.

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Often wonder if anyone reads topics that have been discussed for years.  

I forgot to add in my OP that the search for "one way flight" or "1 way flight" returned no relevant topics!
Now if you search either, you will see my post.
I actually went through the titles of the 1st 5 pages.

Maybe the search feature and database need some tweaking, idk.
This is actually super important because it will avoid opening new topics and wasting anyone's time!

Edited by f5m9v6
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Freebie said:

in normal days , back when we were tourists here we would book the cheapest throwaway ticket after a manila stay, which was air asia to Kota kinabalu , usually available ( pre covid ) for US$ 25. these days the advantage of SRRV visa means no onward ticket required.

Yes, I would do that as well but get the onward ticket for as long in as possible up to 1 year and then you may use it 3 or 4 times if you go to other places nearby and return to the PI.

• Like 2

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, f5m9v6 said:

I forgot to add in my OP that the search for "one way flight" or "1 way flight" returned no relevant topics!
Now if you search either, you will see my post.
I actually went through the titles of the 1st 5 pages.

Maybe the search feature and database need some tweaking, idk.
This is actually super important because it will avoid opening new topics and wasting anyone's time!

The onward ticket rules are not exclusive to the Philippines, almost any country you travel will require a return ticket.

If you do a search for it on this site you will get a lot of clutter because the search is not optimized.

I just put your title "If I book a 1 way flight only will I be allowed entry in the airport check" in GOOGLE search and it immediately gave me better results.

If you want to save some money, actually you don't need to book an onward flight, just reserve/ put on hold a flight that can be cancelled. Some booking sites will give you free 24 hours cancellation, some sites will give free 3-4 days on hold reservation, if you have frequent flier acct in certain airlines you may get up to 7 days free on hold reservation.

Edited by Explorer
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Having said all that, a search in the forums will give you the info you need a lot of the time, verifying whether it's current or not is the issue.  

Bingo!  Thank you Brett.  

• Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jpbago said:

Yes, I would do that as well but get the onward ticket for as long in as possible up to 1 year and then you may use it 3 or 4 times if you go to other places nearby and return to the PI.

On a tourist visa until you have the extension, the onward flight needs to be within the expiration date; otherwise they will block you from entering i think.
Can you explain what you meant with using it 3 or 4 times if you go to other places nearby and return to the PI? :89:

Edited by f5m9v6

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

The onward ticket rules are not exclusive to the Philippines, almost any country you travel will require a return ticket.

If you do a search for it on this site you will get a lot of clutter because the search is not optimized.

I just put your title "If I book a 1 way flight only will I be allowed entry in the airport check" in GOOGLE search and it immediately gave me better results.

If you want to save some money, actually you don't need to book an onward flight, just reserve/ put on hold a flight that can be cancelled. Some booking sites will give you free 24 hours cancellation, some sites will give free 3-4 days on hold reservation, if you have frequent flier acct in certain airlines you may get up to 7 days free on hold reservation.

They might require an officially booked flight to let you in. I will just re-schedule the onward flight for a later date to visit a near by destination.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

They might require an officially booked flight to let you in.

Each immigration official you meet at a Philippines entry point will have a different attitude.  Whatever you do, it is likely they will tell you to do something different.  Its a power trip.  The best way I have found to avoid all that is to get your ticket from home to Hong Kong as a one way.  Then buy a return ticket from Hong Kong to Philippines and back for a 28 day tourist trip.  Throw away the return portion.

Again, you do not need to do that.  There are many correct answers.  That is just one way to be sure that every rule is followed to the intent of the laws.  There is no way you can be challenged on that one.

• Like 4

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Each immigration official you meet at a Philippines entry point will have a different attitude.  Whatever you do, it is likely they will tell you to do something different.  Its a power trip.  The best way I have found to avoid all that is to get your ticket from home to Hong Kong as a one way.  Then buy a return ticket from Hong Kong to Philippines and back for a 28 day tourist trip.  Throw away the return portion.

Again, you do not need to do that.  There are many correct answers.  That is just one way to be sure that every rule is followed to the intent of the laws.  There is no way you can be challenged on that one.

I believe you. Though it looks like an authority circus thing.
Playing with people like that isn't nice and they end up loosing i think.

I will fly the best route for me and nothing else! :smile:

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not aimed at the OP specifically as I see this discussed a lot on other sites. I just don't understand why anyone would fark about with this requirement. Why take the risk? You are presumably spending thousands of dollars on your trip and you are going to put it at risk for the cost of a $99 throwaway ticket to Singapore or the equivalent. **shrug**

Edited by baronapart