Expired ACR- ICard 13a visa

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I suspected as much but was more commenting that it seems we could go under the radar if our wife was to pass away 1st as she isn't required to sign the ACR renewal document.

One major concern is that such a policy could result in splitting up a family - the widowed partner loses his 13A so has to leave their child/children here if they are no longer minors.

Food for thought.

You keep the visa if you have minor children as a result of the marriage. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Yeah, I see that but once the child is no longer a minor then the visa is lost. I'd find it hard to get to grips with losing my wife and then having to leave my only son behind if he wasn't up for moving to the UK.

Anyhow, morbid thinking and thanks for the info. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

I seem to remember reading years ago, cant remember where, that if our spouse passes there is a category that allows us to stay either under a 13a or a variation of it. Hopefully none of us has to put it to the test :boohoo:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, scott h said:

I seem to remember reading years ago, cant remember where, that if our spouse passes there is a category that allows us to stay either under a 13a or a variation of it. Hopefully none of us has to put it to the test :boohoo:

You are quite right Scott, Comes under compassionate reasons which needs to be applied for

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I suspected as much but was more commenting that it seems we could go under the radar if our wife was to pass away 1st as she isn't required to sign the ACR renewal document.

One major concern is that such a policy could result in splitting up a family - the widowed partner loses his 13A so has to leave their child/children here if they are no longer minors.

Food for thought.

But you could always apply for either a tourist or SSRV visa.  More trouble but certainly doable. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2021 at 11:09 AM, Mryagu02 said:

Immigration tells me different things and their Press Releases on things apply to those similar to me but whose card has NOT expired. I'm really lost on what to do.

Did you get a re entry permit when you left? 

The Philippine immigration act requires all foreigners registered with the bureau and who were issued alien certificate of registration (ACR I-Card) to present valid reentry permits (RPs) or special return certificates (SRC) when returning to the Philippines.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/1951248435013854 

UPDATE

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/1955726541232710

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, scott h said:

17 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

You are quite right Scott, Comes under compassionate reasons which needs to be applied for

That's what I was hoping for - thanks guys.  

Hopefully I'll not have to put the system to the test.

Mryagu02
Posted
Posted

Thank you to all who commented. VERY helpful stuff.

I think there is a visa in my old passport, but I cant find the old passport to confirm it.....yet.

My local PI Embassy has had "No guidance" from BI at all. Embassy said contact BI. BI says to coordinate through the embassy (who they gave no guidance to).

Thank you all again for giving me a few roads to explore.