A new possible medication to treat Covid

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Nothing to do with where we are, it's to do with respecting the integrity of the global vaccination programme. 

Not cool.

Never said I supported it just highlighted that it may be more common than you think.  I'll take a vaccine but wil hold off as long as I can to see what the long term effects are. 

I've had friends do trials on a few new products at Porton Down when I was in the mob.  They used to advertise for volunteers on Part One Orders and it excused them certain jobs and gave them some spending money,  a pittance really but some took it.  Most had zero problems but a few did and some long term.  These vaccines although produced using the latest technology an super computers are still in their infancy.  Look how many times scientists have back tracked on things over the years. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I believe the part about he law in the rules of the forum are breached when open corruption which is against the law is discussed from the perspective of stating one is going to be part of it. If you want to break laws or add to corruption best to keep it to yourself.

You agree:

1/Through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, racist remarks or otherwise a violation of any law.
As a member of this forum you agree that you will not use any derogatory terms against any race or members in any post.

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Viking said:

I have no problems with people choosing to not get the vaccine but a person trying to get a Covid vaccine passport without getting the shot lose ALL of my respect :angry: 

They say that the so called "vaccine" will not be mandatory which would have been the correct policy.. BUT..
Now in the UK they are proposing that those that decided not to have it will not gain entry to Pubs,Clubs,supermarkets,will not be able to board a train or an airplane etc.
So it`s not mandatory huh??
Pretty much a Politicians scheme to punish those that have doubts about an injection that would usually take many years to be approved by the FDA.. (STILL NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA)
If those measures are enforced then damned right I will buy a vaccine passport and so will many of my friends locally.
Not just for me but also for my whole family if that`s their choice.
Your respect is not something that I require so no loss to me what so ever. 

Edited by fred
  • Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
On 3/7/2021 at 7:24 PM, intrepid said:

This could be a game changer if it truly works.

First-stage testing of the experimental COVID-19 pill called Molnupiravir, by Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, showed promising signs of effectiveness in reducing the virus in patients.

"It may be the holy grail on this because it was just studied in phase two trials and it literally stopped the virus in its tracks," he explained. "And there wasn't any virus found in the patients that were studied."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-pill-preliminary-testing-dr-marc-siegel

Covid treatments are already available for almost a year, information were scrubbed off the internet by Google, Facebook, etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, fred said:

They say that the so called "vaccine" will not be mandatory which would have been the correct policy.. BUT..
Now in the UK they are proposing that those that decided not to have it will not gain entry to Pubs,Clubs,supermarkets,will not be able to board a train or an airplane etc.
Pretty much a Politicians scheme to punish those that have doubts about an injection that would usually take many years to be approved by the FDA.. (STILL NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA)
If those measures are enforced then damned right I will buy a vaccine passport and so will many of my friends locally.
Not just for me but also for my whole family if that`s their choice.
Your respect is not something that I require so no loss to me what so ever. 

Nobody is forcing anyone to have a vaccine or excluding them from services if they don't

The purpose of a "vaccine passport" is to verify that you are safe to enter a venue ie don't have covid whether it be by proof of vaccination or a negative test.

That doesn't infringe on anyone's rights. It's a bit of hassle for those who choose not to or are not able to have a vaccine.

Unfortunate but it keeps everyone safe

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, TerryP said:

That doesn't infringe on anyone's rights.

It does remind me a bit of the '80s when people were forced to have AIDs tests and discriminated against if they were positive.

One could comment that AIDs was not spread by simply standing next to someone, however Covid should not spread to any person who is vaccinated; so why worry about those who are not vaccinated provided you have done your part?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It does remind me a bit of the '80s when people were forced to have AIDs tests and discriminated against if they were positive.

One could comment that AIDs was not spread by simply standing next to someone, however Covid should not spread to any person who is vaccinated; so why worry about those who are not vaccinated provided you have done your part?

I think when everyone who is prepared to have a vaccine has had one then fine let the rest take their chances. Till then there has to be something in place to protect everyone

Having said that after we are at the stage of protecting everyone with a vaccine who is prepared to have one how do we protect the minority who are for medical reasons unable to have one

Do we still allow those who refuse it to move freely.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, fred said:

The vaccine is NOT mandatory but choices have consequences, if you choose to smoke you also choose a higher risk of cancer, if you choose to ride a motorbike without a helmet you also choose a higher risk of head injury and if you choose not to have the Covid vaccine you also choose a higher risk of serious or lethal disease.

However just because you choose that doesn't mean that you have the right to force the extra danger of your choice upon the people around you.  If you choose to smoke then many private businesses don't allow it in their premises due to the increased risk of passive smoke (most planes, trains and buses no longer allow smoking).

It's the same with Covid, if you choose not to have the vaccine (and that's your right) then you're also choosing an increased risk for yourself,

And again you don't have the right to impose that increased risk upon others, and businesses (and many governments) are seeking to limit that increased risk by stopping people from coming into close contact with their clients and customers.

It is as simple as that.

Oh... and I would have no hesitation in reporting a foreigner to the authorities who was trying to bribe a Doctor or Nurse to provide a false Covid certificate (and I suspect many others would have the same view) so keep that thought in mind too.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Never said I supported it just highlighted that it may be more common than you think.  I'll take a vaccine but wil hold off as long as I can to see what the long term effects are. 

I've had friends do trials on a few new products at Porton Down when I was in the mob.  They used to advertise for volunteers on Part One Orders and it excused them certain jobs and gave them some spending money,  a pittance really but some took it.  Most had zero problems but a few did and some long term.  These vaccines although produced using the latest technology an super computers are still in their infancy.  Look how many times scientists have back tracked on things over the years. 

You said you can see where Fred is coming from - that suggests you agree with him, surely?

Anyhow, I'm not looking to fall out with anyone over this, any sensible person will look at either taking the vaccine as the vast majority of the population will or not. Not taking it has consequences. But, not taking it and claiming you have is beyond poor and extremely selfish.

I'm looking forward to hearing enough of us have been vaccinated to get back to some degree of normal. There isn't a Plan B that I'm aware of.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, TerryP said:

I think when everyone who is prepared to have a vaccine has had one then fine let the rest take their chances. Till then there has to be something in place to protect everyone

Having said that after we are at the stage of protecting everyone with a vaccine who is prepared to have one how do we protect the minority who are for medical reasons unable to have one

Do we still allow those who refuse it to move freely.

There will be those who cannot take it but this number will be small. I suppose we have to live with that in the same way we live with people who contract other diseases etc. If enough of us get vaccinated then won't that mean it's inconsequential? 

As for those who refuse it - hopefully we will see that number fall in time as confidence rises and peer pressure impacts. And there are likely to be consequences so that may be the real persuader. I don't think we need to, or even should, take more drastic measures to get people vaccinated as risk/reward will take care of it.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic