A new possible medication to treat Covid

Terry P
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

There will be those who cannot take it but this number will be small. I suppose we have to live with that in the same way we live with people who contract other diseases etc. If enough of us get vaccinated then won't that mean it's inconsequential? 

As for those who refuse it - hopefully we will see that number fall in time as confidence rises and peer pressure impacts. And there are likely to be consequences so that may be the real persuader. I don't think we need to, or even should, take more drastic measures to get people vaccinated as risk/reward will take care of it.

Correct HK

There are going to be the fanatical who will outright refuse. To my mind if they have to face certain inconveniences then so be it.

Hopefully we can reach that magical herd immunity without their participation and are able to protect the vunerable who cannot be vaccinated

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Explorer said:

Covid treatments are already available for almost a year, information were scrubbed off the internet by Google, Facebook, etc.

Yes,it`s infuriating. 
People now find themselves walking on eggshells after trying to share alternative information provided by doctors around the world about cheap,safe generic drugs like Ivermectin that actually work.
The power of big money.
Talk about corruption!

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, fred said:

Yes,it`s infuriating. 
People now find themselves walking on eggshells after trying to share alternative information provided by doctors around the world about cheap,safe generic drugs like Ivermectin that actually work.
The power of big money.
Talk about corruption!

Apparently vitamin D and a jog round the park stops you from getting it

Don't take a vaccine there's a microchip in it

Believe what you want. We are where we are and the Vaccine works

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fred
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

The vaccine is NOT mandatory but choices have consequences

You mean like how Women in the 60`s had the choice to take a poorly tested drug like Thalidomide or not?
OK.

50 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

It's the same with Covid, if you choose not to have the vaccine (and that's your right) then you're also choosing an increased risk for yourself,

The country Denmark have suspended the use of Astrazeneca for use on it`s population and for good reason.
I also choose to protect myself and my family by suspending my decision in a similar fashion.
The smart thing is to stay back,observe and make an informed choice over a period of time.
In reality,I live in a 3rd world country that could take years to have this thing distributed under the correct conditions to the boonies where we live so really,this little chit chat with a total stranger on the internet is a pointless exercise.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

You said you can see where Fred is coming from - that suggests you agree with him, surely?

It means I see where he is coming from.  No more no less.  Some people are more wary than others, some just go with the flow.  Each has their own right to an opinion but not all will be proven right for a few years yet. 

The sceptic in me says there's a reason why pharmaceutical companies with access to information that will never be made public want exemption from prosecution.  Similar to why the FDA aren't happy to approve them. 

The other side of me sees the need for as many as possible to be vaccinated as it is beginning to show a reduction in people being admitted to hospital which will free up beds for those who through medical reasons can not get the vaccine. 

My position is I'll hold off as long as I can before taking the vaccine, there's enough more needy people out there to give me a good one or two years window I think before I'd even be offered it.  Maybe by then something non vaccine related may hit the streets and vaccines will be seen as old medicine, who knows.

I'd safely say there will be more fake vaccines issued than people bribing doctors not to give them the vaccine.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, fred said:

You mean like how Women in the 60`s had the choice to take a poorly tested drug like Thalidomide or not?
OK.

Thalidomide was 'tested' with primitive 1960s technology and using primitve 1960s testing regulations, Astra Zeneca (and Pfizer and Moderna and J&J) were developed using much more advanced technology under much stricter safety protocols.

54 minutes ago, fred said:

The country Denmark have suspended the use of Astrazeneca for use on it`s population and for good reason.
I also choose to protect myself and my family by suspending my decision in a similar fashion.

Denmark suspended the use of Astrazeneca until they verify if the vaccine is related to the clotting found or not, that's simple science at work.  We don't know the vacccine was responsible for the clotting (and honestly it's unlikely it was), they're just being extra cautious.

And you're totally entitled not to take the vaccine as I already said however what you're not entitled to do is break the law and bribe people to get a fake vaccine certificate or enter private work places that only allow entry to vaccinated individuals.

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Thalidomide was 'tested' with primitive 1960s technology and using primitve 1960s testing regulations, Astra Zeneca (and Pfizer and Moderna and J&J) were developed using much more advanced technology under much stricter safety protocols.

In 2050 ,todays tech will also be privative. .Lets see how future history plays out in that scenario and I wish you luck.

10 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Denmark suspended the use of Astrazeneca until they verify if the vaccine is related to the clotting found or not, that's simple science at work.

Correct. Science that was hurried along for so called emergency purposes for a virus that has a slightly higher death rate than flu for over 70`s with pre existing conditions.

My wife had to bury her 60 year old brother that had diabetes and a serious heart issue 2 months back.
After admitting him to hostpital,they locked him away for two days in a quarantine room and gave him nothing but oxygen. Family visits prohibited.
He died in 2 days. The bill was over 100K even without his so called Covid test results available.
The funeral was the very next day.. His young infant daughters had to witness his coffin be hollow blocked in 30 meters away inside the vehicle. There were ZERO cases in our province at that time.
A big scam.
2 days later,the B.S test came back negative.

20 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I already said however what you're not entitled to do is break the law and bribe people to get a fake vaccine certificate or enter private work places that only allow entry to vaccinated individuals.

Who has broken what law?? 
Random hyperbole commentary on the internet by a person named Fred using an unregistered Globe dongle??
Are you serious?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

It means I see where he is coming from.  No more no less.  Some people are more wary than others, some just go with the flow.  Each has their own right to an opinion but not all will be proven right for a few years yet. 

The sceptic in me says there's a reason why pharmaceutical companies with access to information that will never be made public want exemption from prosecution.  Similar to why the FDA aren't happy to approve them. 

The other side of me sees the need for as many as possible to be vaccinated as it is beginning to show a reduction in people being admitted to hospital which will free up beds for those who through medical reasons can not get the vaccine. 

My position is I'll hold off as long as I can before taking the vaccine, there's enough more needy people out there to give me a good one or two years window I think before I'd even be offered it.  Maybe by then something non vaccine related may hit the streets and vaccines will be seen as old medicine, who knows.

I'd safely say there will be more fake vaccines issued than people bribing doctors not to give them the vaccine.

I'm not debating the wisdom of taking the vaccine or not - that's a totally personal choice and who am I to comment on yours or any others? This was about falsifying vaccine certificates/passports, no more no less.  I sincerely hope you are not advocating that.  

Edit - you have suggested some are wary and the others go with the flow.  How about us who support the vaccines because we believe in the science and efficacy of them? That's not going with the flow at all.

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What the Dole has to say about employees who do not want to get vaccinated

Vaccine and Dole.jpg Click to enlarge :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

fred
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

What the Dole has to say about employees who do not want to get vaccinated

Vaccine and Dole.jpg Click to enlarge :tiphat:

That is really good news and very surprising given some the crazy things they have tried to implement over the last year in the P.I.
Such as passenger dividers on a motorbike.
Perhaps they have learned some important lessons since then. 

• Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic